You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

actual amps used

hi all,

for those of you with fully electric coaches with basement air's, i would be interested in how many amps you draw on each leg absolute heaviest use scenario.

i know the 4 basement airs take roughly 22-25 amps for each pair on each leg. so there is 50a. the 110v compressor takes 6-8 amps, frige a few amps (except when defroster/ice cube release is on),

water pump would gues 6-7 amps (guess didnt look)

microwave,

clothes dryer,

lights

has anyone who lives full time actually "run" out of power?

what do you think your realistic worst case power draw is in total?

the 4 months we lived in it last summer i never had any issues. in fact, we lived on 15a for 2 months of that. ran lights, av gear, microwave, water pump, compressor and fridge. used genny for sir con if we needed it.

thanks

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

I have run everything at once and never had a problem , although tripped a few post breakers with all 3 a/c's going and the dryer on and then Hedy would heat something in the microwave and that would trip it here and there.

Always keep the ice cube element off when off shore power..

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

Hmmm, the only time I tripped the campground 50amp breaker was in Lethbridge where it was over 100. Had all 4 a/cs running and Cindy was cooking bread pudding in the convection oven.
Anyway here are a few notes I made a while back:
Leg 1: front a/c #1 10amp, rear a/c #2 10amp; inverter/charger 8-15amps

Leg 2: front a/c #1 10amp, rear a/c #2 12amp; microwave 11amp; coffee pot 5amp; air compressor 3amp

I think the a/cs pull 16amps each when starting.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

my real question didnt get answered. i want to know the maximum amperage you have drawn on both legs so i can really estimate the wire sizing for the rv outlet in the shop.

tom

Tom,
I have run everything at once before , but never made notes to what amps I drew. Had no problems on 100 amp service doing this .... Would you like me to run a test here , now ? I am sitting waiting for Brian the Newell Tech in Indio to fix my gen radiator and compressor solenoid as Mike E at Newell sent me an e-mail that he has my info and will call, but yet to hear from him. BTW do you or anyone you know have this tech Brian in Indios phone number ? Remember Ihave 3 roof airs , not basement if your trying to compare ''apples"

2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
A Pueblo Home on the Border

Tom, I used # 6 AWG wire on my 50 amp RV service Outlet. Unless you are going over 50 ft. that should do it. If you are, then go to # 4 AWG. The Green wire can be # 6 or # 8. I pulled wire thru underground conduit at about 25 ft.

Jimmy

Total of 75 amps

Rolleyes Ashley Pardue Coach 589

Tom,
I checked mine today. L-1 was drawing 37 amp at 111V . L-2 amp gauge must be broke. The voltage dropped on that leg as well but the amp gauge didn't move. I had 2 basement airs on and 2 basement heat on as well as water heater, under couch heater and 2 burner range.
I ran 8 AWG copper wire to my 50 amp receptacle.
Does anybody have a source for replacement amp gauges as used in 1993 models?

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

larry that would be great. your roof airs take essentially the same current as the individual basement airs, so i can add in 12 more amps.

thanks

tom

I will do it now and report back

2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S