You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Bamboo Flooring

That makes sense to me. You are the expert som i will listen to you my friend.

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

hi ernie, i looked at the post you made on the wanderlodge site that had this same picture and another one that showed the wood right up against the cabinet. i was curious about leaving space for expansion. i have seen floors buckled up from expanding. does this engineered wood not require any expansion spacing on the edges?

thanks

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Hi Tom, There are areas that the wood is not butted against anything. With the urethane adhesive and the engineered wood, I have had no problems with any buckling. The wood, under the slide-is very close to the metal slopes where the rollers actuate with the slide movement. Some coaches don't have rollers. Some have plastic pieces that slide over the new surface. I don't put hard surface material down if the slide has those cheap plastic pieces. Those slides are usually found on entry level units. and they are designed for running on carpet.

Ernie Ekberg
Bluebird Wanderlodge

Ernie,
What product are you using in those pics? that would look good in our '82 and the boss wants the carpeting removed soon.

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

Steve, I'm not sure what photos you are referring to. If you can give me the album name, I can tell you. I just did some Brazillian Pecan in the American Eagle.

Ernie Ekberg
Bluebird Wanderlodge

It is the pic that you posted on this thread. Most likely is the Brazilian Pecan.

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

That is the Brazillian Pecan. The owners bought it thru my wholesale supplier. I believe it was $4.29 a square foot. Kinda expensive.
If you look close-the chair is on the curb slideout. That slide is off the floor about 2 inches. They bought the trim to match the wood.

Ernie Ekberg
Bluebird Wanderlodge

Erniee

Here some pics of our floor (forgot a pic of the bathroom but there is nothing complicated about it except the toilet to work around) and a crude drawing with dimensions of the floor plan layout. Also below is a link to the engineered bamboo we like at Menards. They sell accessories for this wood as well to trim the stairs and such.

http://www.menards.com/main/flooring/har...-12448.htm

Would you let me know if you think this will work for our RV and if 200 sq ft is what you think we need to buy? I think i can understand how to do the stairs with these pieces except what would you normally do on the stair well walls where there is now that ugly carpet? Also do you thibnk we should do woode all the way up front or are we better off to stop near the front and transition to a plyable laminate becasue of that pitch up in the floor at the gas peddle area??

Looking for the plan from the man...can you tell?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.pdf floor plan of RV.pdf Size: 25.92 KB  Downloads: 10

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

The product and acccessories from menards should work just fine. You can run the wood all the way to the slope. You can add the same wood to the slope- if it is flat and then use a T moulding at the joint of the slope. At the stairwell, you can get a stair nose trim and trim it out like the metal that is there. On the stepwell walls, you can add wood there on the walls and the step risers, if you like. I sometimes do that or add some stainless steel sheets to the risers. For treads, I like Roppe rubber raised round stair tread. I install the treads last as I like that material to fit tight against the wall.
I believe 200 feet would be a safe figure. If they have lots of stock, then if you need more you can select from the same dye lot. Of course, you can also return any unopened cartons. I always like to figure long, in case some of the product has defects. The product is wood and sometimes flaws get thru past the inspectors. Ernie

Ernie Ekberg
Bluebird Wanderlodge

Very beautiful wood. I wonder how it would work with the disappearing slide floor.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica