You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Newell koolaid

Hi folks,

I am very happy to join the nutty Newell clan!

For a reason I can't put my finger on I decided to jump right into RVing and bought a 2003 newell a few months ago. I procrastinated for over a year until my wife reminded me that if I didn't make a move soon another summer would go by and our kids (4 and 7) would be another year closer to realizing how not cool we are.

So, I zeroed in on a newell seeing how the factory is 3 hours from my house. I bought coach 665 in Indio, CA in April and drove it to Kansas City. It's been really fun...and expensive! I must be the newell service customer of the summer with all I've spent in Miami. Let's just say I'm turning some of my own wrenches now!

My personal RV dream.... If I were to ever win the lottery, I would buy a vintage newell and spend a $mil redoing it and turning it into the baddest RV on the planet!

I ran into marc newman and bill johnson this weekend at Waters Edge, Grand Lake OK and they invited me here to newell gurus. I was with a bunch of family and didn't get much of a chance to visit. But I've actually been snooping around newell gurus for a while.

When my son said our camping trip to CO was "way better than Disneyland", I felt like everything I've spent and done has been worth it.

I can't wait to meet some of you folks!

Jason 
-----------------------------
Previous owner of 2013 #1472
Previous 2003 #665 triple slide
1 wife
2 kids
Lots of stuff

Great to have someone with a sense of humor join our group. We look forward to see you on the road in the future.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Jason,

Good on you and your bride for engaging with the kids now. Although mine eye rolled a little on some of our camping adventures, that's what they talk about today NOT the trips to Disney.

If you hang out with the gurus, we'll do our best to wean the dependence on Miami. And it won't take a mil to transform a classic into a killer coach. This crowd could do twenty for that kind of money. As you do more of the wrenching on your ride, you will find it feels more like yours. Although the Newells stem from a pretty common engineering DNA, no two are the same. Add to that each owners pimping and you have very unique coaches. We all steal ideas from each other.

Welcome, and we look forward to meeting you and your coach.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Welcome Jason, We bought our first Newell when our Kids were teenagers(after several travel trailers)..Great memories.!

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

like Richard said !

Welcome

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

Welcome... The classics are a blast, my girls love our 74! Enjoy...

1974 35' Newell Coach, Cat 1160 with Allison Auto 6 Speed... 69 Camaro 396 SS, 2010 Camaro SSRS Hennessey, 72 Buick Electra, Eastern Iowa.

hey Jason , welcome. Glad bill and I were able to get you to come on board.. Let me know next time your are wanting to take a trip we can meet somewhere in the middle. I need to go to lake of the Ozarks in the next month.. Maybe a weekender for usSmile

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

Will do. Did you say you are from AR? We are thinking of maybe taking a trip to Table Rock area in the next month or so.

I notice your signature says you've owned 4 Newells. I thought it was "only" 3!

Jason 
-----------------------------
Previous owner of 2013 #1472
Previous 2003 #665 triple slide
1 wife
2 kids
Lots of stuff

3 in the last 13 months..lol let me know when you want to go to table rock we will meet ya and bring the boatSmile

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701