You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Campground search engines

We have been using wwwrvparkreviews.com for 8 years now along with Big Rigs and sometimes Google an area if the parks all got bad reviews or were not listed

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

Sorry guys, I got the same thing!They might be working on the website today. I'll try tomorrow and post it here.
My apologies!

Russ & Debbie Davis
Coach #428
1996 38' Non-Slide
2015 Jeep Wrangler 4 door
Yellow Lab-Emmy Lou
Full Time Rv'ers

Good Morning Everyone!
The free app. 'MOBILERVING.com', a search engine for campgrounds nationwide, produced by Southeast Publications Inc., is up and running today!
You can search any state, city or by campground name to access the individual campgrounds' website and review the Guest Guide site map for the grounds' layout, number of sites and amenities! You can also hyperlink the advertisers website by touching the individual ads on the map to see what they have to offer for dining, tourism, parts or services!
This is a very useful app. for the traveler and all of the campgrounds that are customers of Southeast Publications are listed and most others that we do not produce maps for have access to their website!
Hope this helps everyone and Please Be Careful in All Your Travels!

Russ and Debbie Davis
Emmy Lou (Yellow Lab)
Full Time Rv'ers
1996 38' Newell Coach 428
2003 GMC Sierra

Russ & Debbie Davis
Coach #428
1996 38' Non-Slide
2015 Jeep Wrangler 4 door
Yellow Lab-Emmy Lou
Full Time Rv'ers

I tried to use the MobileRVing.com site and had trouble. I see from your note that only parks that are customers of Southeast Publications are listed. That seems like quite a limitation. (Actually, I see that there are other sites listed but it seems as if they are not a priority)

I tried to search for Tom Sawyer's RV park in West Memphis AR. It was not listed. Then I searched around West Memphis and found a campground...Lake Poinsett State Park. The only information listed is address and phone number. No website was listed.

With our large coaches, we *need* to know if the campground can accommodate us. For me it is also absolutely essential to know if 50 amp is available.

It is *FREE*, and thats a good thing but not the only thing.

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

I totally agree with you Bill. I won't even consider a campground if it doesn't have 50amp and if the sites and access roads won't accommodate our 45' coach. Don't forget trees!
We subscribe to Big Rigs and it is helpful but still limited to certain areas and highways.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

If you could only chose from one guide, is there one that tends to stand out from the others?

for me and i think most others, we use a combination. dont have to pick just one.

i cant tell you how many times i have called a place and tried to explain how big the coach was and they said absolutely it will fit they have big rigs all the time. yea right,

we got to a small park in indiana while visiting my daughters father in law. i had called and talked to the owner and he said no problem. when i pulled in front of the office, which was an old farm house, his daughter was working the desk.

when i went inside to register she was still staring out the window at the newell. she said her dad told her we were big, but they didnt know we were that BIG. there were very few people there so we got into the spot with some maneuvering. but had to back out.

even if the streets are wide enough, then there is clearance. ask forest and clarke about my getting into the park and we got there and the trees were too low. another in canada when it took me 30 minutes to get in. if there had been anyone in the spot behind or ahead of us we wouldnt have gotten in or out.

most of us do a google map sat view to look at the roads etc.

when we went to visit richard and rhonda in west virginia we stayed at the koa. the turn to it was a tight hairpin you couldnt make coming from the way we came. got stuck and had to unhook the car while my daughter directed traffic around us. we came back one night and it was dark and raining. a wanderlodge was in the same pickle. i stopped traffic while he unhooked and backed up.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Tried it and think it needs some time and a lot of added input to be viable resource. RV Park Reviews has it down pat and "Big Rigs, Best Bets" is not as reliable as it was 5 years ago as they no longer visit and inspect every park personally. They now seem to give better reviews to the advertisers, but still a decent resource and only on occasion completely wrong.... There are many publications online as well and as T says ... We all call anyway and now Google Map it to see if the park really can fit us in. I also like the roominess when staying at a Walmart or Home Depot resort and at some you can shop 24 hours a day ... Ha

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

Does Home Depot allow overnight camping like some wal marts?

In my 6 short months of owning a newell, we've ran into our fair share of parks who say they can handle a big rig only to show up and find out the hard way that we won't fit. Especially with low hanging trees. I even had a helpful worker at a state park say they measured the height of the lowest hanging tree at 14'. When we got there, it was 14' tall alright, but only a foot wide before the tree started hanging lower. In other words no way to get a big rig through without scraping both sides of coach. I refused to drive through the trees and we had to back out the entire length of the park in the dark.

Jason 
-----------------------------
Previous owner of 2013 #1472
Previous 2003 #665 triple slide
1 wife
2 kids
Lots of stuff

We stay overnight in a lot of truckstops. No one complains about generator noise as they are used to reefer units running all night. The access is usually pretty good unless you get in really late then all the pull thru's are gone.