You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

tv - satellite - dish - domes - oh my!
Information 

So, based on the subject line, you now know I don’t know much about the topic. We had a non-HD kingdome. Yes, HAD, but it was taken out by hail in Denver a few weeks ago. So, since we will be redoing our system, we are wondering what the pro’s and cons are of the different systems. Please speak in baby talk, second grade level as electronics and math are NOT my strong points. I haven’t been active on this site, but we had a chance to meet a great bunch of nice folks at Newell in July after your rally in Branson, and thought you were the folks to ask about all of this.

Thanks
Rose

Doug & Rose  
1992 Newell 45ft coach #295

Before I can comment, I need a little more information, such as what type of TV are you using or planning to use, do you want HD, do you plan on someone watching TV while traveling, and are you interested in recording TV programs. I have installed a Winegard Trav'ler HD Directv antenna, and Gene receiver to record up to five channels at the same time. Wherever I travel, I have access to all New York and LA networks as well as all of the other Directv channels including the NFL. If you want to watch RV while traveling, I think you may need to consider Dish.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

Simple choices to begin with, do you want in motion or not? If so do you want it to be hd? Only dish offers hd in motion system because all of the stations are on fewer sats. I prefer direc tv and I have an in motion system that is not hd. But when we are parked I have an hd system I use for hd. I have to have 2 seperate systems but it's easy. I have a genie for my hd system and 3 tvs and I have 2 receivers for my non hd system.

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

here is the link to what i went through on selecting a hd sat dish

tom

http://newellgurus.com/Thread-HD-Satelli...llite+dish

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH