You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Rear slide stuck half way out

Well Jon, I have to admit that I did not even put a voltmeter on it, If the engine alternator intervened in the operation, and the slide worked I have to believe it was a voltage problem.

I do think I will take accurate measurements before increasing the motor HP three fold. The larger motor is around 2.8Kw vs .8KW and surely an increase in feeder size will be required. Is it worth it??

Gordon Jones
2000-45'-2slide-#567

Gordon: you make an excellent point. Hmm. You mentioned earlier that what used to work no longer works so something has changed. Based upon the advice from Newell to run the engine and parallel the batteries, it seems the electrical supply was marginal as built and therefore any small increase in the resistance in the circuit or deterioration of motor efficiency would be enough to require the extra voltage of the running engine alternator with the batteries paralleled. Since I'm a lazy guy I would just run the engine with the batteries paralleled rather than try to figure out what is causing things not to work the way they once did. I hate diagnosing problems like this because little things that make the difference are so hard to find.

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed