You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Windshield replacement

It happens. Caught a very small stone at the very edge, and now have a full length crack.

Besides Newell, who have you used to replace a windshield. We are in Texas for a week and gradually heading back to WV. I doubt seriously I will find anyone in WV since Class A's are a rarity there.

Thanks

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Matt Russo son Matthew are the best if you go back through New Orleans. You could come by here and we could have one ship here and we could do it. I have the tools and have reset several time on all three of my Newels. We can call Matt for any advice.

1996 #422 and 2004 #689 with YELLOW Goldwing, BMW K1200S, RZR, Dodge Truck

why do it yourself if insurance will pay for it?

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

I had a windshield on my Newell replaced in Yuma, Arizona and one done by Newell. Newell was less expensive but I don't think it will be tough to get a windshield replaced in most areas. It may take a local windshield installer a couple of days to get one in. That may be the reason Newell is less expensive since they typically have them in stock. I think Newell used a windshield that was fairly common for trucks in the 1970's and 80's.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

There was a great glass place right there in Kerrville that replaced my windshield there in 2009 through our insurance carrier (progressive). Don't remember the name, but you could easily find them. They did the work right at our site at Buckhorn

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

I used these folks : http://www.duncansys.com/home. Did a good job. Had glass coverage. No cost to me.

Jimmy

I was told that my '78 Classic had the same glass as the mid 70's GMC Astro cab-over semi tractor. I replaced both winsdhields in that and my 93 as well. In each case I had Newell ship the glass to the installer. It was more economical that way.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

James Stallings at Xtreme Paint and Graphics in Nacogdoches has placed a 3 inch wide translucient tape along the bottom and center of my windshields. The tape absorbs the impact of rocks at the edge of the windshield helping to prevent splits.

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area

Matt's son did me a fine job also. Matt gave me a tour thru the area around Houma and the food rocks.
Matt's home should be on the historic registry!

Steve Magown
Calhoun, LA
2001 Prevost H3 Vantare
formerly Newell #458

I think that James Stalling will also replace the windshield Rudy. Just had a friend that had his Foretravel windshield replaced at Foretravel. I don't see why they couldn't replace a Newell also. It is put in the same way. It was done in 3 and 1/2 hours and the cost was $1250.00. After they finished they wanted the coach to remain level for 24 hours. They have spaces to park with water and 50 amp. plug in. They will work on any make coach.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot