You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

110 compressor

Replaced the check valve and ran a test. Everything worked except the air "ain't goin on" !!! I think I made a couple of plastic air hose leaks when I manhandled the check valve to get it out, even using Richards techniques but in the morning I will take it all apart and try, try again....

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

Hi Larry,

Do you mean the compressor is running, but the system pressure is not climbing? If so, first diagnostic is to disconnect airline downstream of check valve and ensure the air is flowing through the check valve.

Oops, I forgot you may also have the unloader solenoid valve. I am assuming that check valve is downstream from unloader. If you have airflow downstream of check valve then both are good. If not, you will have to remove the check valve to see if the unloader is passing air.

I don't know if this applies to you or not, but two of the unloader solenoid valves I tried were pilot operated. Meaning the solenoid didn't really open the valve, it opened a passageway in the valve body to allow air to flow. The air flow then opened the valve. So what, you say. If the system did not have any pressure, the valve would not open, since the air required to open the valve was on the opposite side of the valve from the compressor. If for some reason I didn't have any system pressure, the aux compressor would open the valve. And since the 12V compressor is check valved to only provide seal, potty, and door air, it wouldn't help to open the valve.

Sounds like you are having "fun". If you get totally frustrated with the diagnostics, try this. Just hard pipe the air line to the compressor. Leave the unloader and check valve out. See if it will build system pressure. If it does, you know that the problem is in what you left out. If it doesn't build system pressure that way, then we are all working on the wrong thing by fiddling with the check valve and unloader.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Richard,
Just walked in after rebuilding with a new check valve and of course when tightening the back air line ,I slipped and created a leak in the plastic inserted to metal (non compression) air hose to the regulator ...AGGGHHHH. I am such an idiot after hours of doing and redoing I finally got it with your great explanations to diagnose and I slipped tightening the check valve inside the bay and pulled apart a fitting of plastic and metal that I have no special tools to fix it and no nearby supply of anything to replace it with, looks like I need to very different fittings. The check valve was tough enough to find here. It's only air and the 12volt will suffice until the cavalry comes next week I guess....

2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S

Larry, just for future reference McMaster Carr is a tremendously valuable resource for fittings. They stock all manner of DOT air fittings at reasonable prices, and it is usually on my door the next day.

A garden variety compression fitting from lowes or Home depot will work. Replace it with DOT when you can get one.

I keep a parts organizer full of miscellaneous DOT fittings, and I never seem to have the exact one I need. FWIW, I don't use the push on fittings that Newell does. I find they eventually leak. When I replace one, I always use compression.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Thanks Richard.. These push on's came apart with just a small whack from a 1" open end wrench. So I will report back after finding replacements or wait for DOT on Tues or Wed from a tech that's coming

2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S

Success !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

I stopped a guy on the street RCV custom coach service and bought new tubing and compression fittings and we are aired up at 110lbs.

Thank you Richard for the direction and for the insistence of DOT fittings as I would not have known to use only them..... Next

2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S

Spoke to soon..... The gremlins now got the compressor. I hold 110lbs , but the pump isn't filling the tank... All new fittings and valve so who can give me a model number on a JUN-AIR or GAST that's cheap and quiet ????

2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S

If your compressor is putting out 110 psi, but not getting air to tank, you must have an obstruction prior to the tank. I would suggest breaking fitting loose at tank & working backwards breaking each connection until you find blockage. This process should keep the blockage from breaking loose & ending up in tank or further downstream causing problems. Also, check to make sure flow is going through the check valve the same direction that the arrow points.

Compressor putting out nothing.. Need new one don't like rebuilts... anyone please a model number and source for junair or gast equiv to the Thomas 2688TE 44/38 I can't find anywhere

2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S