You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Water seperators

I drained the separator up by the 110 compressor. Are there others and where are they?

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

Mark, the 110 volt compressor water separator should drain automatically. Attached is a photo the the separator and note the electrical valve at the bottom which drains water every time the compressor shuts off. I had to put in a larger "O" ring for it to work properly. My 12 volt compressor in the AquaHot bay does not have a water separator.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

I have removed all water separators including the Bode door. I periodically drain the tanks via the petcocks and also helps to expel debris and rust far better from the tanks then the separators do. I removed each one as it failed or shattered over the past 4 years and prefer it this way myself as there is very little effort involved and cleaner, drier air lines.

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

Not to dog pile here...but Larry....

What happens to the water that comes out of the tank in the compressor bay? I too always seem to have water in that tank, and when I let the water out it makes a huge rusty yucky mess. Surely there is a better way.

bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Mark, I suspect you were referring to separators in the air system but I also have a water separator on each of my two fuel tanks which I drain about once a year. Rarely get anything but diesel out of them since I try to keep my tanks full when it isn't in use.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Bill,
I never get much water, but I do hold a bunched up small rag under the petcock and open it up only in the front bay as the others drain outside compartments . I rarely have soaked the rag completely and have had rust only when I didn't bleed the tanks when the coach was in storage for 4 months a couple of years back. A little dirty water in that front bay cleans up easy and even if it was a lot, my bay drains well. No water separator on my fuel tank , but have the Davco unit instead doing the same job in the rear passenger bay.

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

TongueHey bill might I suggest a long tube from the bottom of the water separator. Attach on end to the separator and suck on the other end. Make sure to swallow quickly to avoid any spillsTongue

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701