You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Aux air compressor while storing

My storage unit has 50 amp power and I always plug in while it is stored.

However, I have had a few leaks throughout the air system, all of which have been fixed as far as I can tell. But I'm now gun shy of a leak occurring that I'm not aware of and the compressor going off too frequently while it is stored. My storage unit is 45 minutes one way from my house so checking on it frequently is not an option.

Is there a problem with switching the compressor off while it is stored? I did this last time and when I went to get coach pressure was at 0.

Thanks!

Jason 
-----------------------------
Previous owner of 2013 #1472
Previous 2003 #665 triple slide
1 wife
2 kids
Lots of stuff

The Thomas I have is a dental compressor designed to run forever practically. I had a check valve leak a while back and took about 3 weeks to resolve with the compressor cycling every 5 minutes the entire time and it ran just fine and no overheating, just a little more noise outside than usual. I would never store my coach without it on, but doubt that any permanent damage would take place if I did.

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

Are you indoors? If not the bladders around the slides will deflate and water will get in

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

It's indoor. Fully enclosed with a heater. Based on what Larry said I might keep it on. No will post a picture of my compressor later.

Jason 
1 wife
2 kids
Lots of stuff

Or you could just use a small 120volt shop compressor and hook it into the quick connect near the engine

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

The brushes can burn out if it cycles frequently for any real length of time. But they are easily replaceable. I had to replace mine when I got my coach. If you need continuous pressure, I recommend using Forest's advice of a small shop compressor to take the load off it.

06 M450LXi 3 slide

The shop compressor is overkill to keep the seals filled and the Thomas is engineered for much more cycle use than we ever could use with our 20lb slide seal bladders.

2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S

Thanks for your input folks!

Maybe I'm overly concerned. It's just the last time I stored it when I returned a couple of days later the air hose going to the driver air seat had come completely loose and was just spraying air. And the compressor was obviously going off frequently. (It must have gotten snagged when I pulled the slide out.) I worry about something like that happening vs a slow air leak causing the compressor to get too hot.

I wish there was something that could send me a text if the compressor goes off too much!

Jason 
1 wife
2 kids
Lots of stuff

The technology exists to remotely control or monitor any electric device within range of an internet signal and wifi

2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S

1997 one slide rear...always plugged into 50 amp...outside in missouri...
will the 12 v compressor suffice to keep slide seals inflated without the 110
v compressor being on while in storage mode?

Thanks Jerry