You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Slides in or out while in storage?

I'm going to be storing my coach for the next few months. I can go start/run it once a month or so. But other than that it will see little use. It will be in a covered, fully enclosed, and heated storage unit that is large enough to put all slides out.

This might be a dumb question but..... Should I store it with the slides in or out or does it not matter? Are there any pros/cons?

Thanks!

Jason 
-----------------------------
Previous owner of 2013 #1472
Previous 2003 #665 triple slide
1 wife
2 kids
Lots of stuff

Eager to hear what the knowledgeable people on here say. I store outside so it just makes sense to me to leave the slides retracted. On another slide matter, I 've heard discussion/debate about putting slides out and in before or after leveling. What Newell (Creslie) told me, which is easy to remember, is to move the slides only when coach is in travel mode. So put them out before leveling, extend them, then level and then put coach back in travel mode before retracting. Does that make sense to the smarter than I am guys here?
Thanks

Gary and Susie
2005 47' Newell #729 4 slides DD 60 Allison 6 spd
2013 Ford F-150 3.5 crew cab, eco-boost twin turbo 4x4
2010 Ford Edge AWD
Black Labradoodle, "Dude"

http://nuevomexprimetime.blogspot.com
http://www.garyrgruber.blogspot.com

Gary, my slide process is exactly as you described. It seems counter-intuitive at first thought until I was told reasons why and it makes sense to me now.

Jason 
1 wife
2 kids
Lots of stuff

Newell keeps slides out on their coaches all of their coaches unless a storm I'ds coming then they put them in. When I store I always keep slides in so I don't have to take the time to retract before I leave..

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

I fail to understand the reasoning in storing with slides "open" ? I can't think of a single reason this would be neccessary

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

So when your wife kicks you out of the house you have a place ready to go

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

Ok case closed!

Jason 
1 wife
2 kids
Lots of stuff

I store mine with slides in unless I have a reason to extend them, and I follow the same rule that says move the slides only in travel mode. I would like views on whether I should store in level mode, travel mode or deflate the air bags entirely.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

We store ours in travel mode with 110V compressor on. But, our floor is level. We just use level mode when staying in the coach. We have had a six pack valve get stuck a few times in level mode and 110V compressor can not keep up with air loss. We have to run engine compressor to overcome air loss & get six pack valve to seal. After that it is fine for quite a while. This is a very sporadic problem with our coach.

Travel mode w/110 on like Clint....

Newell keeps slides ''open" to display and sell coaches, not to store them. If not for sale the slides are kept closed at Newell

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border