You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Fuel price $ 2.74

They (trucks) are getting more than just fuel there. They are willing to pay more for convenience, nicer amenities like clean showers, better restaurants, secure overnight parking etc.

Hey Marc all that money you are saving on fuel you will be able to get the next coach! I have not seen diesel anywhere near 2.99. That's great to hear.

Doug and Melanie Matz
2015 45 Bunk Coach 1517
Toad Ford Flex

Lol m getting ready to go to church (Newell) and pay my quarterly tithe..hey Doug when do you get yours?

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

Marc

I picked it up 2 dates before thanksgiving and its diwn in fl in storage right now. The coach is living large! Lol

Doug and Melanie Matz
2015 45 Bunk Coach 1517
Toad Ford Flex

Fuel is $2.49 at the Phillips behind the loves on 122nd and i35 in Okc
Getting cheaper and cheaper to drive the coach!

still at 2.95 here.

although i paid 1.90 for regular the other day.

still irks me diesel is about a buck more than plain ol gas. i have read all the reasons, from it cost more to make ultra low sulpher, to supply and demand, etc.

to me, diesel is just a few steps above crude and is easier to produce than gas. should still be cheaper. i am surprised the massive trucking industry has allowed it to continue to be so much higher. seems like some kind of price fixing to me.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

I recall that most trucking companies get a rebate from the truck stop companies. Flying J was sued for not refunding the promised amounts.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

Well exit 73 on I 49 in ark. Walmart 2.31 for diesel.. I filled up. Less than 500$ to fill the tank.

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

(12-07-2014, 07:51 PM)Ozarkguy Wrote:  
(12-07-2014, 06:48 PM)ccjohnson Wrote:  Congrats Jimmy!!  Are you going to get a coach to restore/renovate for your retirement busy-work project?

That's the plan.. Got several projects going on to include replacing several  ss sheet metal panels on the Prevost.. Then Feb in Fort Myers, then I'll look in Ernest...
By the way, where is Ernest?  I hear about a lot of people looking there and don't want to miss a good deal.  Now if it's earnest you're talkin' about, I've been there a few times and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  Luck of the draw, I guess.

Gary and Susie
2005 47' Newell #729 4 slides DD 60 Allison 6 spd
2013 Ford F-150 3.5 crew cab, eco-boost twin turbo 4x4
2010 Ford Edge AWD
Black Labradoodle, "Dude"

http://nuevomexprimetime.blogspot.com
http://www.garyrgruber.blogspot.com

Just paid $2.59 in Hemet, CA and that is with our new tax! problem was that I couldn't get to both tanks because of the roof so I could only fill the main tank.

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch