You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Factory tour

We were headed to Stillwater yesterday when I saw the coolant temperature rising quickly. I had to pull over on the Interstate. CoachNet sent a tow truck that took us to Joplin Freightliner. Unfortunately they were not able to take care of the problem, so today CoachNet towed us to Cabin Diesel. Some of you may recognize that name as the place Newell sends engine problems. We're in the little campgound there for the weekend until they can get us in, so I called Newell to see about a factory tour. They said to come on over, so we did. Very impressive!

There were quite a few coaches in Camp Newell, but I didn't see anyone outside. The salesman, Bill (?) took us in the oldest coach they had for sale (my suggestion) so we could compare old to new.

David Lininger, kb0zke
1993 Foretravel U300 40'
Build 4371

I'm heading up to the factory tonight . If I can help you with anything let me know

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

Marc
Check in on my coach will ya! Newell picked it up here in KC yesterday and took it down for PM and some other issues.

When are you leaving Miami? I'm picking it up next week.

Jason 
-----------------------------
Previous owner of 2013 #1472
Previous 2003 #665 triple slide
1 wife
2 kids
Lots of stuff

Nobody come in with a clean coach over the weekend, rain rain rain!

I'll be here a few days . Am here now.. I'll look for itSmile

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

Cabin Diesel will get us in first thing Monday morning. The problem is with a solenoid (?) that runs the two hydraulic fans on the side radiator. I crawled under and there is quite a bit of oil splattered all over. I didn't see anything that looked like a solenoid running a hydraulic line, but then I don't really know what I'm looking for, either. We're going to church in Vinita tomorrow morning and will visit Wal-Mart afterwards, then back to the coach. If you want to drive out you are certainly welcome.

David Lininger, kb0zke
1993 Foretravel U300 40'
Build 4371