You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Inverter/ charger preference

I am thinking of installing a full sine wave inverter charger. Xantrex, Magnum, and outback now offer versions that do not have a float segment to charge cycle as the LiPo batteries prefer.

Do you have a preference in brand?

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

i thought i was going to have to buy a new one to replace my xantrex 3000 watt sine wave inverter so i spent some time looking at companies.

magnum and outback were both started by engineers who left xantrex. xantrex is bascially a holding company that came about from various aquisitions (heart for one) i know my prosine inverter is 100% NOT repairable. whereas the older heart and later xantrex modified inverters were totally fixable

something to keep in mind is the new inverters use cat5 as the control lines between the new unit and control panel. when i had my 02 all apart i ran cat5 from the control panel to the inverter so that when i ever have to replace it they are already there.

i would go with either the magnum or outback.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

No Xantrex for me, period.......

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area

I don't understand a lot of the differences, but when I was going to upgrade inverters I was told if you use the outback one it will also allow you to control all of the spiderwire stuff from an ipad

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

I have been through 2 hearts the 89 and 96. I change both out to magnum pure sine and installed the magnum auto gen start. I never had any problems with either and think magnum is the way to go.

1996 #422 and 2004 #689 with YELLOW Goldwing, BMW K1200S, RZR, Dodge Truck

I have the Outback and am happy.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

Take a real good look at the Outback. One of the Shipyards that I used to work with will only install the Outback. They at least were ahead of the rest. I have also seen allot of the Magnums out there on the high end yachts.
If I were to replace my Heart Freedom 458 I would most likely go to the Outback.
PS what Tom says about the Xantrex and NOT repairable at a service station.

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

Newell has used the Outback for many years with good success.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com