You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Slide air seal

Having a bad day today , have a hole in the slideout seal . Does this repair need to go back to newell or is there any place in the az /cali / nv area that can replace the seal ???

Paul,

Sorry about the bad day. I have not heard of anyone other than the factory replacing a slide seal. Are you stuck with a slide out and cannot move? If so, if you call the factory service line, they can give you a procedure to get the slide in (even with a hole in seal). They would also be able to give you the names of any Newell approved service folks that can replace the seal. I have had a couple of seals replaced and it is a pretty big job to take the room apart to be able to overextend the slide to gain access to the seal channel.

Good luck,
bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

paul, there is a place in mesa that does them. one of the gurus had one done there in the past 3-4 months.

newell recommended them to him.

i sent a message to the guy who had it done to get the name and phone number of the place.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Well Bill, now you have :-)

I replaced my bedroom slide seal. It is possible as the bedroom slide can be move into the coach enough to allow access to the seal. It's not an easy job, but possible if you are motivated. I wrote a pretty complete writeup and took lots of pictures. If anyone is interested in doing it themselves, PM me with you email address and I will put together a package of information for you.
Russ - '99 2 slide

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

Thx Tom that would be great !! I talked with Jim at Newell . Getting a seal is no prob . Would prefer not to have to goto Oklahoma to change the seal

Are the seals still costing $1000.00 from Newell ??? Both sizes are the same price because they only buy one size and then shorten it when needed for the bedroom slide. The salon slide is a much easier replacement because of this IMO. I watched as one was cut and had a crimping plate holding the ends together. Doing the job is just a matter of several steps and slow, steady pace. There are a bunch of steps to it , but with Newell help, manageable.....

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

paul, i sent the name and number of the place to you via email. for the rest of you, the place that did Les Korcala's bedroom slide seal was

Gene's RV Repair
Gene Thomas
9624 E Main St
MESA AZ 85207
480 833 7216
[email protected]

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

For what's it's worth I had a hole in a seal while at bluebird years back. Bluebird did not have the seal they did use crazy glue and it worked for a year that I know of not sure what happened after that as the coach went to a new owner.

Doug and Melanie Matz
2015 45 Bunk Coach 1517
Toad Ford Flex

crazy glue, duct tape and bailing wire.. that's what great coaches are made ofSmile

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

The seal only holds about 22lbs of pressure, so I would think that something may work to seal a hole, but the seal itself is layers of different materials like tire belts and I know several who tried bike tire patches to no avail.

Maybe "Flexseal" and "it now comes in white too" !!! Just kidding....

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border