You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Air leak in leveling system

OK, checked all that. In my coach the breaker is in the closet below the main AC panel. All is fine through the pump switch in the front bay. It's looking like the air compressor doesn't come on when the switch closes so eventually the air tanks empty. Newell says no fuse on the compressor, so it's probably spent. I'll check the ac at the compressor and if OK, then a new pump is in order. Anyone have a suggestion on make and model? I don't think the Jun-Air on now is available anymore. Newell uses Thomas now. I would like one as quiet as the Jun-Air, just not as quiet as it is now. Wink

David and Teresa Brown
1999 Coach 513

Would a Gast ROA-P251-AA be a good substitute for the Jun-Air M6?

David and Teresa Brown
1999 Coach 513

"I would like one as quiet as the Jun-Air, just not as quiet as it is now."

David....took me a second to get what you were saying.....very funny!

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com
Video 

I finally managed to get my system up and running again. I bought a SMT air compressor for a couple hundred. After issues (and a couple of emails to the distributor) I realized there wasn't a check valve on the pump. After a drive up to Granger (they did't have what I needed), I searched online for an inline check valve. I put it line and promptly snapped off a brass elbow. Long story short, I finally had everything I needed, managed to install everything without breaking anything and it all seems to work. The compressor is not as quiet as my Jun-Air, but not too bad. I was able to get through to the US Jun-Air folks. The repair kit for a M6 is a little less than $1400. He said he could sell me a new compressor for the same price. We'll see how long this Chinese pump will last.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

David and Teresa Brown
1999 Coach 513