You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Couch Pictures

I wonder if I could get some help from one of you who has the straight jack knife couch with three cushions. I am trying to estimate the coverage needed for a redo, and I need some detailed pictures of a couple of areas. I am trying to figure out where a couple of seams are on the leather couches. Mine have been redone in fabric, and I don't know if the seams in the fabric are the same as the original leather. 

Here is what I need. If you look straight at the back cushion, there are two vertical pleats. Is there a horizontal seam at the top of the pleat? 

Second on the seat cushion edges, how do the seams run? For example. A large piece could be used to wrap both directions in which the only seam would be the corner. Or separate pieces could be used for the sides. Could you take some pictures of the bottom cushion edges so I can see how Newell did it?

Thanks for your help. 

When I blow up the pictures that I see on line, they become too pixelated for me to see the seams. 

My email is richardentrekinATgmail.com

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

We have that couch , but had it re upholstered in Kerrville , Texas. They took all the fabric and trashed it and started over from scratch. They removed the pleats and used piping between the three cushions. The underside had and has no material, only a cover hand fastened with round staples to hold it all together. It's impossible to photograph the stitching and seams because they are completely covered by material rolled over them...

Important to note that they steamed all the foam inside for several hours to eliminate the seam lines and indentations made over 10 years of use. This removed all sags too. Very important to do if you are even recovering the same way it was. If you are going back to Kerrville I will hook you up.

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

I will take photos today.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

You still need pictures?

Bob Miller
Previous owner of #390

(03-23-2015, 07:10 PM)Airplane Guy Wrote:  You still need pictures?

They would help. I really need detailed shots that would tell me how the leather pieces are cut. I know each seat is not one large piece, but rather several smaller pieces.

Thanks

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad

Richard: I'll try to get pictures later today of my leather couch, I'm not at the coach at the moment.

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed

Here are a few pics from my jackknife.  It is a fairly new Villa and may not be just like yours...but....

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

thanks Bill, all concepts help me decide the best way to proceed.

Here's another couch question. On 390 the seat and backs were at a comfortable seating angle. On 512, the seat is angled upward at the front edge and the back is straight up with no incline. I suppose when I take the couch out, I'll understand if the jack knife mechanism can be adjusted to compensate. I have notice other Villa sofas in the more recent coaches are more of the upright back.

99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad

About the angles..

No on my couch. The back is tilted slightly and the seat is higher in the front. It appears that the relationship between the back and the seat is 90 degrees.

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Richard on my ex coach #486 the sofa was a fairly new Villa and the back was more angled than yours. I noticed when we bought it and I was comparing it to yours at MOT. Never looked to see if it was adjustable since it was comfortable as it was.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337