You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

air door keyless entry

the door opening part is a little concerning, but interesting.

the keyless lock just controls if the button for the air door is activated or not. meaning, the keyless entry system does not actually engage any real physical locks. just turns the button that opens the door on and off.

the door is held in place firmly by air pressure, not anything mechanical.

since there is no hinge, if the air depletes totally in the system, the door become free and can be opened by hand.

so, to be able to secure the door for storage, there are two key mechanical locks. on on each side. they are only accessible from the outside and only with a key. by the way, that key is only available from newell or bode. no local locksmith could find a blank to make one that i found.

so, if the door is locked manually with the key on each side (there is a lock on each side because there is no hinge on the side of the door and the entire door swings out when it opens. )

AND air is replenished in the system AND you use the electrical button (or key fob if it is wireless) to open the door, the door will strain to open itself against the mechanical locks.

i think it will anyway as i have not tried that part....

so the point to all of this, is though it might be cool to have a remote keyfob open the door, i wonder if it might cause a problem in certain circumstances.

anyone know if the new newells have the ability to open the door with a remote key fob.

thoughts or comments? or if it even makes sense to play with remote lock/unlocking at all? would anyone find it very useful?

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Messages In This Thread
air door keyless entry - by encantotom - 09-20-2012, 05:00 PM
RE: air door keyless entry - by Chester Stone - 09-21-2012, 09:15 AM
RE: air door keyless entry - by encantotom - 09-21-2012, 10:11 AM
RE: air door keyless entry - by encantotom - 09-21-2012, 10:34 AM
RE: air door keyless entry - by lbrachfe - 09-22-2012, 08:27 AM
RE: air door keyless entry - by encantotom - 09-22-2012, 08:49 AM
RE: air door keyless entry - by RussWhite - 09-22-2012, 09:22 AM
RE: air door keyless entry - by encantotom - 09-22-2012, 09:38 AM