You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Leather Restoration

I some significantly worn and scuffed areas on my driver and passenger seat. I thought I would try a product that I first read about on one of the Bimmer forums. The product is Leatherique. I really didn't know what to expect. It is a four step process. The first is to recondition the hide, the second to clean, the third to prep for dyeing, and the fourth to dye. It sounds like a lot more work than it actually is. I sent a sample piece to them for color matching. I unstitched a piece of the skirt around the driver seat for the sample.

I'll let the results speak for themselves. I don't know how well it will hold up; according to the auto sites, it should do quite well.

We will see how long it holds up.

By the  way, the first two products, the rejuvenator and the cleaner, make the leather smell like new leather. I wiped all the other leather surfaces with them, and I can see the difference.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Wow!!!

Would love to see how it holds up with time. From the before pictures it looks like there is some leather actually worn off so I'm surprised to see how nice and smooth it looks after.
Great job!

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

very awesome. i will have to look into that too

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Thanks for the post Richard. That is on my to do list as well.

94 Newell #365, 2009 Smart, 2005 500SL, 2012 ML350, 1934 Ford Streetrod Golf Cart, 1958 Century Coronado, 1965 Cruisers Inc. Car and Boat CrazyTongue

This is outstanding, almost unbelievable. I need some. Will follow up.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

The dye is actually pretty thick, so it kind of fills in the cracks. On the first pic with the huge crack I also used putty that I got from them.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Wow, the result is amazing! I have a sofa and a chair at home that I may have to try that on.

2003 Ford F250 SD
2001 Honda Civic
2005 Chrysler Crossfire Roadster LT

Looks fantastic! I'm really eager to see how this holds up.

Jason 
-----------------------------
Previous owner of 2013 #1472
Previous 2003 #665 triple slide
1 wife
2 kids
Lots of stuff

Richard,

That is cool. I have some scratches in my dash from previous owners cats that would be perfect for that stuff.

Thanks!

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama