You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Third Compressor Died

Beside myself and don't know what the problem could be. I keep replacing everything and it works fine for awhile and then the compressor stops working or the  head pressure relief valve had to be  twice replaced or the check valve three times replaced. no leaks , all new hoses and fittings and the latest compressor was a 1 hp replacing the 1/2 thinking it was underpowered...

Any ideas ?? Anyone have this many bugs in the air system like this ?

We were heading East in a couple of days , but now ??

AAARRRGGHHHHHHH

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

(06-18-2015, 09:19 PM)lbrachfe Wrote:   Beside myself and don't know what the problem could be. I keep replacing everything and it works fine for awhile and then the compressor stops working or the  head pressure relief valve had to be  twice replaced or the check valve three times replaced. no leaks , all new hoses and fittings and the latest compressor was a 1 hp replacing the 1/2 thinking it was underpowered...

Any ideas ?? Anyone have this many bugs in the air system like this ?

We were heading East in a couple of days , but now ??

AAARRRGGHHHHHHH
sounds like check valve contamination

Rolleyes Ashley Pardue Coach 589

New check valve , but changing anyway today

2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S

Larry,

How does your system release pressure once the compressor cuts off?  If you are not releasing the pressure on the compressor it makes it difficult to start and that may be causing some of the issues.  On my coach, this little thingy is normally open, but closes during the compressor "on" cycle.  When compressor is cutoff by the pressure switch, it is de-energized releasing the pressure on the pump.

See picture.

bill

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Hey Bill,

Got the same "thingy". It's called a Head Pressure Relief Valve and they cost $160 at Newell. Not the problem though.
My problem was the temps here got to 120 yesterday and the Thermal Switch shut me down until this morning where it is all working normally. I understand that a thermal switch will work 3 or 4 times and then the unit is trash. The company CCI in Phoenix is terrific and Cal Air in SD too. They both bend over backwards to help.

So I think I'm OK again and keeping a box fan blowing on the compartment and an umbrella to block the sun, Thanks

2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S

larry, how does the air conditioning handle the 120 degrees? what temp can you keep it at inside?

are you shaded (i dont remember if you have a cover over your coach)

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Partial shade from palm trees and structure we built. I keep the front a/c on low at 68 degrees in the morning, off in the afternoon and on again all night on low. The center (new unit last year) is on High at 68 degrees all day and night with a couple of short breaks and the bedroom on Auto at 72 degrees all day and on low at 66 degrees when sleeping.
My temp gun reads about 50-55 degree air from all three. Only ran all three at once a few times in five years, like yesterday and we actually got a little cold inside.

I am hopeful that CCI will send me a new one , so I don't have to worry about the Thermal switch burning up.

We just got everything here cleared and finished so we can leave, finally and hope this lot sells in season as planned......

2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S

larry, your thermal cutoff reminded of something that happened in my coach

it was over 100 degrees. i would walk in the coach to get or do something (it was in my driveway).

i would hear a whirring like a fan running, but i could only isolate it to the front overhead.

there were two whisper fans up in the overhead where the tv and side speakers were. they were hooked to simple bimetal strip thermostats. they were supposed to turn on when the equipment got hot i guess.

but....half of the year or more in phoenix, the inside temp was hot enough to turn them on. since i replaced all the electronics up there the heat was much less, so i just disconnected them at the thermostat.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

I discovered mine when we stayed at your house... I have noticed them on several times since then and they do seem to move the air around....Thought I was going nuts the first time looking for the sound.

2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S

Thank goodness for this thread, and kudos to Pam for finding it!
A hot day here south of Knoxville and we came back to the coach to the whirring sound from the speaker area. While I was pushing all the radio buttons - convinced it was speaker sounds - Pam found the thread and we relaxed a bit. Chuckling now but not then lol.

Ken and Pam Cameron
Newell #566, 2000 Newell 45 with 3 slides
Tow 2017 Ford Cmax Energi Hybrid