You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Tank Leak at Sensor

Hi Gurus!

Here I sit at camp Newell awaiting my HWH pad replacement, and salon slide seal renewal.
Good trip from Knoxville, TN except now I am dripping potable water on Newell's driveway.  They won't notice with all the condensate I am adding too.

Got out the flexible camera probe and can see the water is leaking at the common ( lowest ) sensor for level indication.  There won't be much water left when it stops at that location.

So, anyone plowed this ground before me?  The sensors are somehow through the side of the plastic tank.  There is a nut to hold on the sensor wire, and then another nut.  I have never attempted to remove a sensor and don't even know if it is possible.

I imagine bonding anything to stop the leak on the outside of the tank is going to be a challenge to stick to the plastic.

All thoughts appreciated.

Thanks,    Russ

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

russ.

i have had incredible luck with the plastic repair product called Plast-aid.

i do believe it will seal it up. but i think it would need to be dry.

give the tech support at plastaid a call in the morning. they have been very helpful to me

i rebuilt a broken base for the sewer dump closest to the tank with it. and it is totally sealed.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH