You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Tablets and google nexus 7

hi all,

i know many of you are ipad fans and that is just fine. i am an android kinda guy. i bought the new google nexus 7 8gb tablet and love it. in fact, we just bought another one for darlene. last nite scott helped me hack it so it allows me to use a usb memory device or any other usb device. you ask why did i get the 8gb version. reason is simple. i am cheap. i use it for mainly cruising the web and for reading and playing a game or two when bored.

as for movies, i can have a couple on there if i choose or stream from a usb device.

yea i wish it had a sdcard slot, but it is not a huge deal.

it was 200 bucks and the screen is great. it is a 7" screen, so smaller than the ipads.

i use it much more than i thought i would.

if you ever stop by my house, ask to play with it.

it is awesome.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

You forget to mention, that if you can get internet to it, it makes a pretty darn good GPS setup.

With MiFi units, getting internet is easier with each passing day. As long as stick close to interstates, we can maintain a good internet connection most of the time while traveling. I can get an internet/data connection in places I can make a cellular phone call.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

I have the google nexus phone for at&t and love it. Like it better than the iphone.
Used it in europe with an italy sim card and it worked great.
I know I can hook it into my computer, but how can I get it to use a usb device like your tablet? I'm running android 4.1.1, jelly bean I think? the one after ICS

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

The Galaxy gets great reviews and has slightly larger screen than my nexus. Nexus just barely fits in my shirt pocket, galaxy probably wouldn't. If that matters....
I bought the nexus because it is unlocked.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

forest,

to make my nexus 7 able to use a usb device, scott helped me unlock and root it. then i installed stickmount and es file viewer on it and off the races.

i did have to buy a USB OTG cable that allows you to plug into it.

got it on ebay for a few bucks.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH