You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Tank Quantity

My pure and waste water tank indicators would not go below 40% even when empty, after flushing the waste tank and completely emptying the pure tank they now both show both 100% full.  The indication is the same at the gage at the wet bay and in the galley.  Is there a computer in this system that can be re-booted?

Vic & Judy Rebmann
2007 Newell # 795
2011 Ford Edge Tow

Hi Vrebmann,

I am not sure what vintage coach you have, so this may not apply to your coach...but on mine...

The way that the tank level works is not computerized at all. There are five contacts installed in the side of each tank...along with one grounding contact I assume. Each contact corresponds to each of the "dots" on the display. It works by detecting current between the ground lug and each of the contacts.

Look carefully on the outside of the tank and make sure that the wires have not been disturbed. Be careful because I have heard that the contacts are no longer available.

Hope this gets you on right path.

Cheers,
bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

(07-12-2015, 05:05 AM)bikestuff Wrote:  Hi Vrebmann,

I am not sure what vintage coach you have, so this may not apply to your coach...but on mine...

The way that the tank level works is not computerized at all.  There are five contacts installed in the side of each tank...along with one grounding contact I assume.   Each contact corresponds to each of the "dots" on the display.  It works by detecting current between the ground lug and each of the contacts.

Look carefully on the outside of the tank and make sure that the wires have not been disturbed.  Be careful because I have heard that the contacts are no longer available.

Hope this gets you on right path.

Cheers,
bill

Thanks Bill, I have not figured out how to add this information to my user name but I have an 07 #795. I'm confused by the fact that both tanks have the same indications which would seem to eliminate bad contacts, ground wire, etc. Will see what the folks in Miami have to say on Monday. Just thought one of the Gurus might have had the same problem.  Thanks again for the quick response.

Vic & Judy Rebmann
2007 Newell # 795
2011 Ford Edge Tow

To add the information to your signature block, click on User CP at the top left of the screen (below the logo), the click on the left side of the User Control Panel under Menu, Your Profile, Change Signature. Add your name and coach information and click on Update Signature. Now the information will appear at the bottom of all of your posts.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

(07-12-2015, 06:02 AM)Fulltiming Wrote:  To add the information to your signature block, click on User CP at the top left of the screen (below the logo), the click on the left side of the User Control Panel under Menu, Your Profile, Change Signature.  Add your name and coach information and click on Update Signature.  Now the information will appear at the bottom of all of your posts.

Thank you very much...this site is a great help.

Vic & Judy Rebmann
2007 Newell # 795
2011 Ford Edge Tow

With an 07 I think you have a different indicating system than bill and I.. If you are the factory Wednesday and Thursday I may see you thenSmile

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

Thanks Marc...will not be going to Miami until fall but will be making a phone call for help. Will post any information they provide.

Vic & Judy Rebmann
2007 Newell # 795
2011 Ford Edge Tow

Newell recommended that I replace both sensors which are on order. The sensors screw into the side of each tank near the bottom. Has anyone replaced them and can tell me if there is any calibration required and are there any suggestions on how to make the change without making a mess in the wet bay. It looks fairly simple which makes me think I'm missing something!

Vic & Judy Rebmann
2007 Newell # 795
2011 Ford Edge Tow

Wanted to follow up on this post..after replacing both sensors and having them fail again a call to Miami put me in touch with a tech that asked "do you leave the outside tank indicator on all the time?" The answer was "yes" mine was never turned off and it turns out if left on it can cause the very problems I encountered. Have replaced both sensors AGAIN, turned off the outside indicator and everything seems to be working. Will advise!

Vic & Judy Rebmann
2007 Newell # 795
2011 Ford Edge Tow

There is another thread on this forum where they replaced the factory sensors with a tank monitoring system from https://www.garnetinstruments.com/rv-shop/products/
My system doesn't have sensors and gauges, just clear tubing on the tank for a visual indication.

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad