You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

HWH RAP1940 6 Pack Air Solenoids Rebuild Kits

hi guys, we have worked on shipping labels, started packaging them up into kits.

so i have come to the conclusion i could never sell on ebay in volume....ha

so...workin on it

there are a few of you that have not responded to my email about your desire to have them. please let me know

thanks

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Tom,

I will need your email to send the 150.00 by paypal.

Mark

Mark & Beverly Fincke
99 Newell Show Coach, # 527 (Heavy Metal)
Twin Slides, Rear Bath
08 Saturn Vue XR  SUV Toad

99 Escalade ESV.

Can we still get in on this deal? The coach we are BUYING next week (if all the financing goes through with the Credit Union) will probably need TWO sets. The front seal was replaced by Newell a few years ago (which probably means about 4 years ago) and not sure if they did anything to seals but the bedroom slide probably needs this as well.

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

This has nothing to do with the slides so not sure what you are referring to

I need to assess if I have any left

Tom

update....

i am sold out.

for those that paid by paypal, i shipped those kits out this morning. you should be getting a tracking email from me/usps. delivery should be by saturday, but might be early next week.

for those that sent checks, i have not received them all yet. after checking the mail tomorrow, I will send out the kits that i have gotten checks for. then the rest as they come in.

a few things....and it may help those that did not get some of the kits as well.

1. the O ring on the inside (under the stem) on some of the valves we have may be a square cross section. according to the manufacturer, this is not necessary and a round O ring is just fine. that is what is included in the rebuild kits.

2. the new plunger spring that is part of the rebuild kit was manufactured to EXACTLY the specs the manufacturer specified. the springs on some of my old valves are a little taller than the ones we had made. i verfied with the engineer that the new ones are proper for our valves.

these valves are made for hundreds of thousands of activations and our application is considered a very low wear one by the manufacturer. they believe that premature failures that we have on the sealing of the plunger seat is due to air system contamination. so that is something each of us should consider.

the wrench that is included with each rebuild kit is made specifically for our valves. it helps to easily take the coil off, then more importantly, it has the spanner wrench to easily take the stem off of the brass base. if it is too tight to do by hand, then use a channel locks on the base (not the stem) and then use the wrench.

when putting them back together, they only need to be tight enough to seal the inner O ring.

i use O ring grease on the O rings. thats what i do, you decide for yourself. using it makes the outer 2 O rings stay on while you install the valve as well.

thanks

tom

Awesome job Tom!
So who will be the first one to install an air filter in front of the 6-pack? Might need something on the exhaust also.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Hello all,

everyone who ordered and i have received payment i have shipped the kits to. almost all of you should have them already if the usps tracking is accurate.

I mentioned in the instructions that came with the kit that i use O ring grease on them. These are BUNA o rings.

some have asked what grease to use on them. i use a synthetic grease, what do the rest of you use?

tom

Tom,

I use Dow Corning High Vacuum Silicone Grease. It's made for rubber connections & have used it for a lot of years

on O-RINGS on water filters. (McMaster Carr has it)

Mark

Mark & Beverly Fincke
99 Newell Show Coach, # 527 (Heavy Metal)
Twin Slides, Rear Bath
08 Saturn Vue XR  SUV Toad

99 Escalade ESV.

So, without naming names.....

Everyone should have received their kits except for the 2 people that recently sent me checks (they will be sent out today or tomorrow), the one person that is going to pick it up in person, the person in southern az, and the one that is enroute that already has the shipping tracking number.

thanks again,

i took a risk having this stuff made and every single person that committed took them.

tom

We really appreciate all the effort you put into creating these rebuild kits Tom. I know that you went to a lot of extra effort without compensation to do this. Truly an example of your motto: Friends Helping Friends!!!!

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com