You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Dream Cruise Gathering

I propose a gathering at the 2016 Dream Cruise which is scheduled for August 20th. I would be looking to arrange parking for the evening of the 17th through noon on the 21st. For those of you that want to attend please just post your positive response. I will then locate an appropriate dry camping spot as close as possible to the Cruise.
I will then post the location and the cost (total and per attendee based upon the number expressing interest). At the moment I have absolutely no idea what this might cost, but I will do my best to be appropriately frugal.

Now we arrive at one of those chicken and egg situations; it's hard for you-all to completely commit until we are sure of the cost per participant, but until I have firm commitments I cannot finalize the cost. I'm confident that someone has done this sort of thing before and can tell us how to work this out.

I have absolutely no interest in competing with the gathering that Tom is working to organize and if a conflict arises Tom's gathering takes precedent. My interest is solely to facilitate a fun experience for my fellow gurus if possible.

Thoughts, comments and snide remarks welcomed from all since I've never done anything remotely like this in my entire life.

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed

Given that there have been no takers yet, I'm going to change the offer. I'm in no way distressed by the response, as much as anything I was assuaging my guilt at not making the past 2 Gatherings and compensating by offering to organize something.

If you wish to see/participate in the Dream Cruise (this year estimated at around 40,000 cars) just contact me ahead of time (longer ahead will give you more options) and we can talk to figure out what would work best for you.

Y'all be good now hear,
Jon

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed