You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

lost all HWH hydraulic fluid

chester, i sent you some info just a few minutes ago.

i would disconnect the hoses AT the manifold and plug them and cap them at the manifold.

4 lines total.

btw, for those that dont have hydraulic genny slides, there is also a locking pin like the slides have, so there are 4 solenoids for the genny.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

meaning plug the hose and cap the manifold (or vice versa, whichever way the hoses are)

tom

chester, if you want to drive out to wittmann, i can help you with it.

tom

Tom, I sent you an email where I mentioned that Ben's Mobile RV Service, here in Mesa, found and plugged the gen. slide hoses. Now my house slides work and Jan can get to her clothes. Next, I have to figure out how to unlock the locking pin to get an idea of how to make repairs. Tom, do you or any other Guru know which solenoid actuates the locking pin? Tom, thanks for the offer to bring it to your shop and I will if I cannot find out how to open it. For sure I want to see the shop sometime in the next two weeks.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

the slide locking pin looks like one that is used for the slides. only it is mounted so the pin pushes up into a aluminum block that has a hole in it that is mounted to the generator slide.

the hoses coming off of it are small.

it is in the bottom left corner of the compartment right at the front as you are facing the genny.

if the leak was the genny cylinder, then the lock should be ok. but..not so sure you can manually move the genny out with the hoses capped.

tom

The same thing happened while I was at Bristol a few weeks back.  The slides wouldn't move and there was a large puddle of fluid below the generator.  With Creslie's help, the correct lines were located.  Since the slides wouldn't move it had to be the generator retract line rather than the extend.  There is always pressure on the retract line.  In my case, there is NO locking pin on the generator mechanism.  

The fittings are #4 JIC (not SAE) and I located two caps and two plugs.  By removing the generator lines and capping the fittings on the pump, it was possible to operate the slides. (had to add fluid).  The plugs were for the lines so fluid wouldn't run out and also to prevent the generator from sliding out in transit.  

After returning to home base, the problem was discovered.  the retract line had worn on a clamp and burst.  The generator was removed and the lines (both) were replaced.

[attachment=3406][attachment=3405]

Gordon Jones
2000-45'-2slide-#567

Ok, this is good that someone knows how to get the cyl out.

Gordon, the big question is, could the bolt or bolts holding the rear of the cylinder have been accessed from below? In other words, can the cylinder be removed without removing the generator?

Thanks

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Richard, It could be done but the affected line goes all the way to the ram end of the cylinder and the lines are fastened to the back wall and go through the side wall into the pump bay.  It was just easier to disconnect everything, position the pallet jack underneath, slide the whole works out, and clean all the mess while it's out.

I understand Chester probably doesn't have a pallet jack nor wants to get into a heavy project and I wouldn't either if it weren't for Rex (my employee).

I have heard that the back of the generator box has been removed in some cases but that too looks more trouble than it is worth considering the insulation that is attached to it.

Gordon Jones
2000-45'-2slide-#567

Thank you, that is great info.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

on my 90 i have had the back of the generator box off. it was easy.

i assume it is the same for my 02

tom