You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Intro and Help with Purchase of an '06

(10-15-2015, 05:51 AM)Fulltiming Wrote:  If you like the P2000i body style, the coach you are looking at, 777, is the second P2000i made.  

Refrigerator: Richard is correct, that is the Newell standard Sub-Zero refrigerator with two freezer drawers beneath the refrigerator.  I am not aware of any coach with a larger refrigerator/freezer in it.  His comment about the split counter space is also correct.  Typically the counter space is all on the curb side rather than having the additional counter space on the street side.

Mid Entry: I have had a motorhome that was front entry and my Newell that is mid entry.  There are advantages and disadvantages to each.  Although you may lose a little floor space with the mid-entry, it allows you better ingress/egress when you are parked.

Floor heating pad: It would be expensive to removed the flooring to replace the heating pad but I have seen people spend a lot of money to fix something if it was important to them.  Same with the seat.  Worse case with the seat would be to just replace the entire seat with a new one.  Expensive, you beat, but if it bothers you it is only a matter of money.  As far as resale value, while you would prefer that everything work, it is an individual decision as to how much it is worth to fix something.  Most coaches don't have massage seats.  Many coaches don't have heating pads under the bathroom flooring.

Thanks for the detailed reply.

Any issues with having the 2nd P2000i off the line? My understanding is that the changes were mostly cosmetic and very simple.

Having owned both, would you rather have the mid or front entry fur full-timing? I do have a dog so it certainly is more convenient to have the mid.

I suppose the countertop is all there in terms of square feet, just a bit awkward as it's broken up and as I look at the fridge again, it is the same as the front entry models (ice and freezer drawers down below). I have been in Newells with much bigger fridges but they were older and newer coaches.

When you say most coaches don't have the heated floor and massaging seats, are you referring to Newells? Pretty much every one I have looked at has them. This is the only one were they didn't work. I can't say that I care as I have had several Mercedes with them and hated them and never turn on the radiant in my house.

Only thinking of resale in a couple of years when I'm done with her but if it's a non issue to most buyers, it doesn't matter and certainly not worth the $$$ to fix.

This coach had 4 or 5 fogging windows and a LONG list of minor issues that were all just repaired so it appears to be well serviced at the moment. Looking down the list of items it amazes me what the previous owners were OK with having broken (latches, lights, garage locks, etc). That stuff would drive me bonkers. It certainly wasn't due to lack of money as they just traded this one in on a 2010 Newell.

Messages In This Thread