You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Intro and Help with Purchase of an '06

(10-15-2015, 04:39 AM)Richard Wrote:  The bath and half floorplans are great if you have guests. If it's just you or two, don't know that it makes that much difference. It's your needs that count.

I think Clint's number is right for the first year of ownership. Almost all of us when buying a new to us coach have to pump some money in it for tires, batteries, air bags, and other big ticket items.

Good Luck on your deal.

Thanks. I hate having guests (staying) in my coach so I suppose a none issue but I have always enjoyed dual baths so one person can shower while the other person...you get the idea. Angel

Understood on catching up with deferred maintenance. Supposedly it is all done and I do intend to turn her upside down before driving off the lot.

I have been a big fan of paying the $1,800 a year for a Good Sam Gold warranty plan on my coaches. Warranties are always a calculated gamble but while I'm happy to cover $1,000 failures that are under the deductible amount, I'm not excited to cover $3,000, $6,000, and sometimes more brutal surprises out of pocket. It has saved me a chunk of change in the past. .

(10-15-2015, 04:26 AM)whatsnewell Wrote:  
(10-14-2015, 10:08 PM)ccjohnson Wrote:  Just re-floor the lavy area.  Put in new heat pad.  You should do OK with a 25K emergency fund (engine or trans. major system repair).  Tires 1K per year, batteries 250 per year, oil changes & service every 5k miles @ 500.

Do you change your oil every 5,000 miles?

Thanks. I take it you are just escrowing $1,000 for tires and $250 for batteries annually to spread the replacement cost.

I'm in agreement on oil change miles. How about the generator oil changes? I usually do 100 hour intervals but using mine at the race track, it was a hot and dirty environment with lots of load so I figured better safe than sorry as oil is cheap. I don't intend to use this coach at the track so maybe longer intervals?

Messages In This Thread