You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Intro and Help with Purchase of an '06

(10-15-2015, 05:59 PM)Yachts Wrote:  I have some questions for everyone, I change genet oil every 500 hours per Newell recommendation. Engine oil every year or 15 k whichever comes first.. Am I way off base?

As far as front vs mid . I'm a front entry guy. What a lot of people don't realize it allows your front slide to also be larger so it almost a double square foot advantage when parked. I'm also a bath and a half guy. I think the resale on them is better. i have the counter on both sides with drawer fridge and freezer.. Note to owners of drawer fridge and freezer. Make sure you have 5lb catches attached to the drawers. A full drawer with no latches results in a drawer thrown across coach in a curve or turn..

There is no denying that the slide is bigger on the front entry. On the side, it is only big enough for the sofa on the passenger side.

I see you are a fellow car guy. I would personally go way sooner with your oil change intervals. My 100 hour generator changes were probably excessive but so was the environment. Look at it as theoretical distant at 60MPH. 500 hours would be 30,000 miles (way to long to go (that is 20 days straight of running around the clock), 100 hours is 6,000 miles. Just about right.

For the coach, 10-15K would be fine if you put that on in a short period. If you are like most and rack up under 10K a year, I would change it every 6 months.

Oil is cheap, engines are expensive.

I see you are a fellow Benz guy. I have owned many AMG's and the factory oil change recommendation is 10K (as on most German cars). I have never gone past 5K and usually not past 3K.

Messages In This Thread