You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Can anyone help with '06 pricing, the history of #777, and annoying Newell policies?

my 02 has not been repainted and has paint on the slide seals.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

(10-19-2015, 07:32 PM)encantotom Wrote:  my 02 has not been repainted and has paint on the slide seals.  

tom

Thanks Tom, that makes me feel better.

Any blistering around the bay door latch handles?

i will look when i go out in the shop in a few minutes. there is the small bumps from electrolysis in the aluminum that shows as "blistering" where it is hard underneath in a handful of random places. almost every newell i have seen that is 10ish years old or more has had them.

my coach is far from perfect. but it is nice. there are small flaws if i look close enough. some that were there and some that were "acquired" by me along the way. we call them lovingly "patina" ha.....

a good friend on this forum that lives in the midwest told me this when we were staying at his home in the coach.

if it bothers you, stand back 5 feet and see if you still notice it "5 foot rule"

if it still bothers you, stand back 10 feet and see if you still notice it...."10 foot rule"

i have a number of things that fall in the 5 foot rule. only a few in the 10 foot rule.

i know that sounds like i am saying just ignore things that are wrong....and that is only kinda the case. only you can decide what is a deal breaker or not. and of course they become negotiating points for the purchase as well. some things bother me that dont bother others.

another one of our gurus bought a beautiful 4 slide coach after someone looked at it and the first person decided it had too many 5 foot rule infractions. the guru bought it and loves it.

in the end, only you can decide.

by the way, i have detailed top and side view blueprints of my 02 and had them for my 90 as well. i got them from newell. i too am amazed that detailed wiring and other details are not avail.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Tile looks very similar to our travertine tile. We had about 4 crack soon after they were installed and Newell replaced at no cost under warranty. Had no issues for about a year and a half until the ice maker sprung a leak. Water got under the tile in the galley area near the door and we have 4-5 cracked tiles again. I am leaning towards thinking that as long as there is good support under tiles, you shouldn't have any issues. Replacing tiles should be no big issue unless you replace heat pad. In that case you will have a fair sized re-tile job, as you will have to break & replace all tiles over the pad.

(10-20-2015, 12:21 PM)ccjohnson Wrote:  Tile looks very similar to our travertine tile.  We had about 4 crack soon after they were installed and Newell replaced at no cost under warranty.  Had no issues for about a year and a half until the ice maker sprung a leak.  Water got under the tile in the galley area near the door and we have 4-5 cracked tiles again.  I am leaning towards thinking that as long as there is good support under tiles, you shouldn't have any issues.  Replacing tiles should be no big issue unless you replace heat pad.  In that case you will have a fair sized re-tile job, as you will have to break & replace all tiles over the pad.

If Newell still had the tile, I suppose I would consider replacing a couple but getting a match is tough. It isn't that big an issue (hard to find a coach without cracked tile). I certainly won't bother with the heat pad as that is a big job. I bath mat is the poor man's heat pad. Big Grin