You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Fuse panel front passenger side

We are in a cooler area for the next month or two with the night temps going into the freezing numbers. Under the main fuse panel  at the front of the coach is a metal grate. My question is there is a huge amount of cold air coming up threw that grate. Is there something missing or can I put insulation over that area to cut back on the draft? Mike 95 newell #372

Mike, that is the air return for the dash heat and air so as long as you aren't traveling and using the dash vents, there is no reason no to put insulation over the air intake.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Mike,
Does your dash air have a recirculate setting? I'm wondering if there is a flap inside the unit that is open allowing outside air to come in the air return vent rather than the dash outlets.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.