You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Clearance Lights

We have a 1997 Newell Coach and it appears that are top front amber clearance lights are causing a leak in the front cap. We have drips going down in front of the TV and have wet carpeting in front of the fuse panel by passenger seat.
We would like to replace these lights or at least get new gaskets for them.
I guess my husband said one light was full of water.
Chuck at Newell said that they get them from Truck-lite. I was wondering if anyone has ordered these and would have the correct part number for them.
Thanks!!

Rick and Cindy Freeman
1997 Newell Coach #465
Spending summers in Central Wisconsin and winters in Mesa, AZ.

Might want to take this opportunity to replace them with LEDs. This isn't the least expensive place to buy LEDs but their cross reference tables are better than most. https://www.superbrightleds.com/cat/truc...ed-lights/

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad

Since the front clearance lights are subject to water hitting them head on at speeds of 60+ mph during rain events, many folks use a silicon sealer around the newly installed lights to help prevent moisture from getting behind the light and entering the inside of the coach. It does make it a pain to remove the light for replacement but hopefully when installing LED's after they have been on a few minutes to an hour to get past infant mortality, they will work for many many years.

A previous owner did this on my coach and in almost 10 years of my ownership, no leaks through or near the clearance lights.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Thanks!

Rick and Cindy Freeman
1997 Newell Coach #465
Spending summers in Central Wisconsin and winters in Mesa, AZ.

(01-08-2016, 12:18 PM)cfreoue3 Wrote:  Thanks!
I think I have all of the old ones I took out of my 96 when I change it over to LED. If I can find them I will give you all you want at no charge. Send me a shipping address and what you want.

1996 #422 and 2004 #689 with YELLOW Goldwing, BMW K1200S, RZR, Dodge Truck

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DIALIGHT-RED-LED...Qv&vxp=mtr

these are the ones. i replace all of mine on both of my coaches.

i would suggest emailing him privately and seeing if you can get a discount for buying more.

i didnt pay anywhere near 17 each

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

And I would suggest counting twice and then adding an extra. (I won't tell you why I think this is a good idea).

bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

[color=rgba(35, 35, 35, 0.7)]Need exterior lights?  Newell OEM supplier still in business[/color]

[color=rgba(35, 35, 35, 0.7)]Command Electronics, Inc.
15670 Morris Industrial Dr.
Schoolcraft, Michigan 49087
[/color]

[color=rgba(35, 35, 35, 0.7)]PHONE: (269) 679-4011 Fax: (269) 679-5410
Email: [email protected]
[/color]

[color=rgba(35, 35, 35, 0.7)]Website:  [/url][url=www.commandelectronics.com]www.commandelectronics.com[/color]

[color=rgba(35, 35, 35, 0.7)]Hit search and type in the part number.  Clearance Lens part # K-59L for red lens (K-58L for amber) Manufactures and sells online  OEM for Newell (at least p2000i model)[/color]

[color=rgba(35, 35, 35, 0.7)]Lost a clearance light lens cover on the trip home from Spearfish.  Called and talked to Jessica who told me that the clearance lens covers were available and Command is still manufacturing both incandescent and LED versions of the light. [/color]

Sandy and Bob McBratney
Previous owners of 2007 Newell #1202  "Boomer"