You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Leak detection tools

Door number (2)

This is one of two applications where I do use push on fittings. You will have to make this adaptor.

It gets a little more complicated as you start to replace push on fittings on your coach with compression. You will actually need a few different adaptors because you may, and this depends on your coach, fittings with raw tube ends for push on, and fittings with a nut and ferrule for screwing onto a compression fitting. Throw two different sizes at the combination above and you see why you may need more than one.

You did great on your initial build. When you start playing with push on and compression fittings on your coach, my reply will make a LOT more sense.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

I am guessing a few of our new owners are following this thread, so I am going to violate my “teach them to fish” rule and point you to exact parts you should have on the coach at all times.

https://www.mcmaster.com/push-to-connect...-fittings/

Go to this page and scroll down to the low temperature push on fittings made of brass. Look at the double ended female connectors. Get a couple of those in 1/4, 3/8, and 1/2 tubing sizes. Scroll on down to the very bottom to the plastic plugs. Again get 2 of those in the three sizes.

The double ended push on fitting can be used in an emergency situation to repair a hole in an airline. Snip out the hole, push both ends onto the fitting, and you are back in business. Repair it properly with a compression fitting in a safe place instead of on the side of the road.

Likewise, the plastic plugs turn the double ended fitting into a way of quickly capping an airline. Our driver seats are notorious for developing air leaks. I bet I have seen half a dozen of those airlines to the seat disconnected and bent double or triple secured with vise grips or zip ties to stop the leak. A connector with a plug would fix that in seconds until it could be properly addressed.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )