You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

When Clark convinced me two years ago to join this forum, I told him that I would post photo's of our solar system.
I finally uploaded the solar pics as well as more coach photos:

http://newellgurus.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=113

Better late than never.

Edwin

Edwin & Lydia
(Previous owners) 2004 Newell #710, 42'6" , 2 slides, steering tag
DD series 60 EGR
1,000 W solar 

Hi Edwin! Thank you so much for posting pictures of your coach and solar system! We hope your travels are going well, and life it treating you well!

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

Great coach Edwin. Thanks for the photos.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Thanks Michael.

Clarke: We're doing well.
We're now on Vancouver Island. Three years ago -on our way to Alaska- we planned to visit it. Back then we spent too much time along the CA coast and it made no sense to pay the ferry for only a few days. We now plan to stay 2 weeks or so. And are thinking of doing the Sunshine coast too.
We started this trip in Tucson AZ in February and is going well. We worked our way up and visited Saguaro NP W, Lake Mead, Las Vegas, Death Valley, Alabama Hills, Yosemite NP -saw the valley snow-covered!- Napa & Sonoma Valley and up along the OR/WA coast up to here.

Edwin

Edwin & Lydia
DD series 60 EGR
1,000 W solar 

Very nice! Pretty coach! Do you actually use this coach? It's so clean inside! Thanks for sharing the pictures. I wonder just how many solar panel I could put on top of my coach (no roof a/c units)? What about using the flexible solar panels on the whole roof?... Hmmm...

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

Thanks Karen & Adrian.
Yes, we do use the coach a lot, about 6 months extensive travel per year. Actually, the interior was re-done at the factory almost 5 years ago. And we take off our shoes, no kids and pets. After each trip we clean it well.
On the solar: We have 1,000W on the roof and there's enough room for more. However, when you go over 1,000W you need an additional Solar Controller and that only makes sense if you mostly travel in the winter months.

Edwin

Edwin & Lydia
DD series 60 EGR
1,000 W solar