You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Slide outs New problem!

Les,

I had something similar happen. Went to put out the slides at a campground and nothing. Since I purchased the coach it had been necessary to have the engine running for the sides to operate and I never really understood why it would be interlocked that way. Well, the hydraulic pump was not running when the botton was pushed. I monitored the voltage on the external contactor ( big relay ) that powers the pump and its coil was only getting about 6.6 volts, which was not enough to pickup the relay. The voltage to that area of the coach seemed sufficient at about 12.8. To make a long story shorter, my alternator, unknow to be at the time, had failed on the trip that day and the voltage to the control panel was not as high as it would be with the alternator charging the batteries. For a fix I just wired in a small general purpose replay between the control panel and the contactor and it worked perfectly.
I informed HWH of what happened and asked for a schematic or help in identifying which of the many relays in the controller was not putting out the full 12vdc that the contactor needs. They have been no help what-so-ever saying how busy they are and getting me nothing. My solution is working fine, but I really would like to solve the problem to the very relay that is not working properly. I thought I could identify it by tracing wires and listening, but never found it for sure. Good luck. Russ

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

Messages In This Thread
Slide outs New problem! - by les korcala - 10-22-2012, 05:28 PM
RE: Slide outs New problem! - by rheavn - 10-22-2012, 06:03 PM
RE: Slide outs New problem! - by les korcala - 10-22-2012, 07:38 PM
RE: Slide outs New problem! - by RussWhite - 10-22-2012, 09:12 PM
RE: Slide outs New problem! - by les korcala - 10-23-2012, 11:32 AM
RE: Slide outs New problem! - by RussWhite - 10-23-2012, 01:15 PM
RE: Slide outs New problem! - by les korcala - 10-25-2012, 10:31 AM