You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Front air springs.

Does anyone know where I could find the correct replacement air springs for my 1987 Newell. I have contacted both Newell & Ridewell with no luck. They are Firestone bags with the stamp 1T15L 2 on the bag itself. Any help would be greatly appreciated.Undecided

Jim

Jim & Gail
1987 Newell #123
Silver 8v92/Allison 4 sp.
Toad: 2007 HHR
Life is a Highway.

Try Michigan Truck Springs.The number you you have is for the bellows only.You will need more info like air inlet size mounting stud qty. etc.Go to their site and type in the number you have it will pull up all bags with that number and you can narrow it down from there with the rest of the information needed to match what you have.I just ordered 8 bags from them.Easy to deal with and very good pricing

1995 # 390

The label with the replacement number is on the top plate of the air spring itself.  Of course that takes removal of the air spring to read the label and hope it is still readable after 20 years.

Second choice is to peruse Firestones' catalog.  Compare their drawing with the specs of your front air springs.  Pay close attention to your specs including the air line inlet size.  This will take some effort, but will lead to identifying your air spring replacements. http://firestoneip.com/-/media/www/fsip/...US_014.pdf

Third choice is to wait for some one with your year coach to chime in and provide the Firestone number for you.  Then hope your coach is same as theirs.

Good luck...............................

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

We had to take one off to see

Tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Thanx guys, I will remove one to be sure. Smile

Jim & Gail
1987 Newell #123
Silver 8v92/Allison 4 sp.
Toad: 2007 HHR
Life is a Highway.

At one time I had an 89 which is pretty similar to yours (40' with tag axle).  The drive and steer springs were the same,  WO1-358-9447.   That is a Firestone number with a 1" NPT opening for the air line.  I concur with @rheavn on the Firestone download to be certain.  Likely will have to be ordered as I did not find any in stock.  I do have a spare of that number since my 2000 uses four for the drive axle.  If you need it asap, I'll send it to you and you can replace it or pay me up front.  text me @ 614-271-7488 with your number and i'll send you a picture.

Gordon Jones
2000-45'-2slide-#567

My coach is an 87 as well my notes show a ridewell air spring # 1003589447C ....Maybe this will help

Billy & Starla Hoffman
Poteau Oklahoma
 2003 Newell #659

Sounds like the tag may be different than drive & steer?

marc & shari popejoy
western Oklahoma
1987 Newell #135