You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Windshield Shades by Magneshade

Gang,

I have often admired coaches that had super nice shades on the front and side windows.  I thought that they were typically a factory option which required snaps / hooks to be installed into the coach body.  Well, I ran across these and ordered them.  It took about 10 days to get them.

Magneshade.com

They are made for your specific year / model coach.  There is a limited selection of colors and even an option to include a graphic on the shade.

They work by attaching super duper magnets to the windows with 3M VHB disks and these magnets attach to magnets in the shade itself.

Putting the shade on is simply a matter of getting the magnets close to one another....click, click, click and its attached. Taking down is just as simple.  

I did not take measurements, but I really think that the coach is staying cooler with the shade on.  (I like to leave the roller shade up because the dogs like to see what is going on). 

Anyway, I thought I would share with you guys a product that is actually better than I hoped it would be.

Cheers,
bill
ps.  In the pics, the material looks like sunbrella fabric, but it is not. You can see through it from inside the coach. It is more like a mesh than a fabric and seems to be very durable.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Put mine on this morning here at Ruidoso. Sure wish I was looking at yours here too.

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area

Very interesting...THanks , Bill

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

I have them they do work very well. The one piece front windshield is a bit difficult to roll up. However I think they are the best and if I am parked for more then a weekend they go on.

Doug and Melanie Matz
2015 45 Bunk Coach 1517
Toad Ford Flex

Doug, I got a tip from the folks that make them....Roll them on a swimming pool foam noodle. It really helps.

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

I will have to give that a try. Thanks

Doug and Melanie Matz
2015 45 Bunk Coach 1517
Toad Ford Flex

Here is my report after a little more than a year.....

Short answer is ... they're great.

I ordered the Magneshades a little more than a year ago.  The shipped out a couple of days later.  The initial installation consists of placing round rare earth magnets on the window glass.  Pretty much a peal and place sort of thing.  It is not a one man job but is not bad if you have a helper.

The shade material is a very high quality sunbrella type material which you can see through from inside the coach.

The shades have been on the coach most of the year and still look brand new.  The magnets have all stayed stuck.  The pool noodle trick has made dealing with the shades when they are off the coach much easier.  (I got the storage bag with the shades when I ordered them).  Installing them and removing them just takes a couple of minutes.

Bottom line...I can really tell a difference in the amount of heat getting inside.  

Highly recommended.

bill

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Love the travel bags on bike look like yetis!

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

(08-14-2017, 11:40 AM)Yachts Wrote:  Love the travel bags on bike look like yetis!

Hi,
I do believe the coach would be cooler if they are WHITE. Black sucks the heat in while white reflects it.

Mark & Beverly Fincke
99 Newell Show Coach, # 527 (Heavy Metal)
Twin Slides, Rear Bath
08 Saturn Vue XR  SUV Toad

99 Escalade ESV.

Mark,

You are probably right, they have a few somewhat lighter colors, but since my coach has black paint around the windows, I went with the black one. Sometimes its better to look cool than be cool!

bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama