You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

"Level" warning light solved....

Had the light since I bought it last week and bugged me....
The slides came in fine, the top pins locked but the light was still on....So on the hunt.

First off the Dextron fluid level was  2 quarts low and filled it to dipstick level with slides closed.
The i started looking around at alignment, hydraulic system, solenoids, wires......to finally get on top of the slides where the pin holes are.
I am ordering a new slideout awning from Zip-Dee and wanted to make sure all looks good on top...then what do I find ? A bunch of crap, dirt, seeds, junk filling the holes about one inch or so...the pins would not go in fully with all that junk in there.

Air hose, screwdriver to clean the hole good and scrape all the junk, both clean 10 min later.
Now looked at the bedroom slide top holes. Expected less because there was good awning on top of the bedroom slide..but....still a lot of junk in the holes.

Went inside, merged both batteries, started the engine, put the slides in one at the time....no more LEVEL warning light....go figure

Check them holes folks.....

MG

good stuff. one thing at a time.

btw, on SOME of the slides there are rubber bushings in those holes. but not every coach was supposed to have them.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

All i found in mine was dirt. I can see where a 3/4 tall bushing might be a good idea. I will see what I can find that fits inside there.

Today I installed the new 12v compressor with a check valve on exhaust . No more laeaks there. Also repiped with compression fittings the 110v Thomas compressor and upgraded to 3/8 od air line instead of 1/4. Installed a new check valve and water separator with new electric drain valve. No more leaks there either.
Now the air comes up faster with the 110v system and after shutdown it holds pressure quite well. It restarted at 80 psi about 1.5 hrs later, ran for 2.5 minutes, built it back to 100 psi and held good for another 2 hrs when it cycled again. With no head pressure the compressor started very easy and functions well.

Ordered 6 new 8D AGM batteries, Magnum Ms2812 Inverter , ARC50 remote, AGSN gen autostart module and slideout awning from ZipDee

A good day......expensive but getting it sorted out.....

MG

http://newellgurus.com/showthread.php?ti...ing#pid122

post on slide pin bushings and a picture i took of the new set i have as spares

tom

Looks like i have to buy 4 bushings tomorrow

Quick question. Under the bedroom slide, in the wheel well above the tag tire i found a hole about 1 inch diameter that has 2 black plastic airlines that are capped with 2 screws and run vertically upwards.....does not look right.
Wondering what those 2 lines are and if  they need to be connected to some air circuit....any ideas ?

MG

next time i go out to the garage i will look and see if i have those

tom

The air supply for the bedroom seal runs there. Perhaps someone rerouted it

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )