You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Help! Broke down in Alabama Flyin J!

The airbag he is looking for is a W01-358-9447

or 1r11066 goodyear

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

(07-26-2016, 07:34 AM)Shamu406 Wrote:  the Firestone  part number for the right rear tag bag is W01-358-9447.  from what I have gathered the Goodyear part number is 1R11066, and supposedly a company called Ride well makes one- part #1003589447C.
I will take anything at this point, family is feeling low after a great month vacation, I really need to get them home. Internet is slow in this Fying J,  please all if you can help. Thanks to all responders, you guys are the best.
Phone - 727 510 6345 - John

Still can not find brake pads for the the right rear tag wheel either, again, Newell has no answer for this but, "sorry, we do not stock them anymore"
If anyone knows where to get them PLEASE call me asap.
Patience and moral running low.
Thanks, John
727 510 6345

John,

I lost my tag breaks about 4 years ago and could not find the pads in northern Maine.

Was an easy trick to plug off the air lines going to the tag. Could not feel the difference in the braking.

Worked fine until i found a co. that could order & install the pads. (Bangor Maine)

Mark & Beverly Fincke
99 Newell Show Coach, # 527 (Heavy Metal)
Twin Slides, Rear Bath
08 Saturn Vue XR  SUV Toad

99 Escalade ESV.

MERITOR #3218-T-1008 Rotor
MERITOR BRAKE PADS KIT15625PM
I did a Google search and used the links above and you can still order them.

Not sure how fast you can get it there but S D Truck Springs carries that bag .....1-877-774-6473

Billy & Starla Hoffman
Poteau Oklahoma
 2003 Newell #659

My tag air bags are Firestone W 01-3589378. The bottom two bolt section can be rotated 45 degrees.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

Hey guys, I'm back home, got here 2 weeks ago. I washed her up, plugged her in and got back to business. Needed a break after the hi jinx of the breakdown, the difficulty trying to get parts, and the stress of 3 days in a Flyin J truck stop. I just had a lot to do regarding my business, and getting ready for my daughter to start 8th. grade, and catching up everything else after a 5 week absence. It was a great 5 week vacation, except for the last 3 days of it. Nashville, The Badlands, Sturgis, The Black Hills of South Dakota, Mt.Rushmore, Crazy Horse, 4x4, Yellowstone, Montana, Chief Joseph Scenic Highway (unbelievable), Jackson Hole, Grand Tetons, Flaming Gorge, Moab Utah (speechless, amazing), rafting down the Colorado River, Durango, tubing down the Animas River in 61 degree water (awesome), Silverton, it was all amazing.
So, with some reflection, and some time away from the problems I had, I am in a better frame of mind and nearing the point of rectifying my issues with the coach.
Here is what we did to get back...
We disconnected the right rear tag brake because we were unable to get brake shoes. We were finally able to locate an airbag, and the mechanic who did the install decided to grease pack the wheel bearings instead of 90 weight gear oil because he thought it my leak due to a scrape on the spindle where the seal rides. But he was wrong, because after getting back on the road, I checked it several times and felt it was getting hot, so I filled it with 90 weight and it did not leak.
So, bottom line, I need brake shoes for the right rear tag brakes, and feel I should drain and clean out the grease that he installed, and have only 90 weight in the spindle.
I would like to thank all who responded and called me in my time of need, Tom, Richard, Mark, Billy, Chester, Keith, Ernie, and some others that are not Newell Gurus, but were helpful in getting us back up to speed. I would like to give a special thanks to Travis, at Cabin Diesel, in Big Cabin, Oklahoma, he was instrumental in getting us there. If you need help with a Detroit Engine, a Kohler Generator, or anything "below the waterline" on a coach, he is amazing.
Thanks also Jimg for the info on the brakes and rotor.
I'll be asking you guys for some more help on some things I still need to do soon, but for now, I'm going to enjoy this weekend, watch some Olympics, and have a cold brew or two! I'll be back into the fray soon!
Thanks all!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

John, Sheri & Lily Kai Curwick
1996 Newell #406, 2015 Jeep Rubicon Hard Rock, FJ Cruiser, Harley Fatboy. 35 CABO Express Tongue