You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

120v compressor hard starting

i went out into the shop and the door wouldnt open.  the air pressure was all the way down.  then i heard the compressor try to start.  i felt it and it was very hot.  the head pressure either isnt releasing enough or the compressor is struggling.  

oh well, i needed something to do..

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Tom, is this the junair?

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

I experienced the same thing several months ago and found that the the air hose exiting the compressor had a crack in it allowing the JunAir to run until the heat shut it down. Simple fix. As a side note, I have recently noticed that my compressor starts once an hour and runs about four minutes. I must still have a few leaks to find this winter.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

(08-07-2016, 11:22 PM)encantotom Wrote:  i went out into the shop and the door wouldnt open.  the air pressure was all the way down.  then i heard the compressor try to start.  i felt it and it was very hot.  the head pressure either isnt releasing enough or the compressor is struggling.  

oh well, i needed something to do..

tom

Tom sounds like the check valve bad. You can crack the output and bleed off. if it works its the check valve

Rolleyes Ashley Pardue Coach 589

today everything is working fine. i will keep checking to see if it happens again

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

(08-08-2016, 02:17 PM)encantotom Wrote:  today everything is working fine.  i will keep checking to see if it happens again

tom

Problem is tom if that check valve is bad it can ruin your compressor

Rolleyes Ashley Pardue Coach 589