You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Another mystery short?

(09-19-2016, 12:50 PM)ccjohnson Wrote:  We are having similar issues. First time was about 1 am between Needles & Blythe CA on a 2 lane.  Immediately pulled off on a leaning shoulder when lights came on. Checked temps with an IR gun. All were OK. Silverleaf showed low coolant level code as well as several real goofy codes like #18 injector problem etc. from about 8 months prior that I was completely unaware of. I thought low coolant level might have been because we were on a substantial slope, but sensor would have been on low side not high side of radiator tank. Restarted after 20 min rest & it ran fine rest of night. It happened 2-3 more times showing low coolant level error.  Replaced sensor & thought I had it taken care of. Wrong! Took coach to S&S in El Paso.  Tech downloaded DDEC to their system. Only errors showing were low coolant level errors.  None of the goofy stuff on my Silverleaf.  They suspect a problem in the harness but I was short on tome to get it done so we headed to CA for work.  Has happened 3-4 more times, but now I just hit over-ride switch on dash & like magic everything resets & we continue on without missing a beat.  I have scheduled it to go in to S&S to get a new harness or another sensor as soon as we get back from CA.

Did you replace the coolant level module or the temp sensor? It was a faulty coolant level module that caused the engine to shut down. Once I replaced it, I didn't have anymore problems - till now.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
Another mystery short? - by NextNewell - 09-19-2016, 10:57 AM
RE: Another mystery short? - by Richard - 09-19-2016, 11:41 AM
RE: Another mystery short? - by NextNewell - 09-19-2016, 03:11 PM
RE: Another mystery short? - by ccjohnson - 09-19-2016, 12:50 PM
RE: Another mystery short? - by NextNewell - 09-19-2016, 03:04 PM
RE: Another mystery short? - by ccjohnson - 09-19-2016, 04:27 PM
RE: Another mystery short? - by NextNewell - 09-19-2016, 07:32 PM