You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Ray Wiggins, Coach 743 '05 owned since August '14.  My fourth and best RV by far.  Over the two years I have enjoyed 743, getting the many service issues taken care of and the visit to the factory in January was money well spent.  I began, as many others have, getting a coach that had been service neglected and somewhat original in electronics.  I first took care to put the engine, transmission, genset, aquahot, chassis items (shocks, hubs, brakes) secured and safe.  Since I paid wholesale for the coach I knew I needed to sink some money there and not be sitting on the side of the road.  Second year was spent upgrading electronics, replacing clouded windows, new batteries, and a fresh set of tires.  Again no sticker shock items.  Beginning this year I started at the factory in January.  A complete check out by the Pros was best money I ever spent.  I was fortunate to find a local shop that can handle the heavier coaches (Prevost, Newell and others) near my Augusta, Ga home so most everything that I have needed has been addressed.  Our biggest challenge so far has been the air leaks.  We have replaced all seals on all four slides and will start soon searching for more leaks.  These bladders only last so long.  The majority of my repairs have been items that over time just need attention.  I will probably keep 743 for a while until I feel the maintenance costs will be getting out of hand.  With 93k miles it is just getting broken in.  I look forward to reading others in this forum and from time to time I hope to contribute based on my happy 2+ years in my Newell.

Ray

Ray,

Welcome aboard. You're in good company with like minded folk.

We all chase air leaks. Might want to spend some time in that section of the forum reading old posts. Tons of really good info there.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Ray,

Welcome aboard. Lots of good information on the forum. These guys have helped me a lot!

Cheers,
bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Thanks for joining us Ray. Hope we can be of assistance.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

hi ray, i am glad you found us

i have an 02 with 211k miles and going strong.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Welcome Ray! What is the name of the shop you are using in GA please?

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40