You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

New owner 1983 Newell

Hello fellow Newell owners.  Andy and I bought a 1983 Newell in November 2015.  We have completed an interior upgrade replacing 43 year old blue shag carpet with cork floor tiles, recovered pull down shades, reupholstered couch and swivel rocker chairs (big project but love results), added solar to roof, fixed roof leaks and sorted out electrical.   Remaining projects are replacing air bags and making new drapes.   Our plan is to do a short shake down trip, then head South.

Attached are pics of the interior before and after, the exterior.  

If anyone has any suggestions about replacing our air bags such, part number, supplier, or other suggestions, we would appreciate it.

Also, if anyone is willing to share a list of replacement part numbers/suppliers for the 83 that would be great.  We did not get much documentation with the coach.

Can't wait to see Newells on the road and hope to meet some of you soon.  I love this forum.  Everyone is so knowledgeable and helpful.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Andy and Holly
1983 Newell
Mossyrock, WA

Welcome,

Fantastic job on the interior.

I can't help with the airbag numbers for that era coach, but when it comes time to replace them I can help with some very helpful hints that I have learned the hard way.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Looks great! Nice job inside and out!

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

looks great. hopefully someone can help out with the parts you need

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Welcome!! Glad to have you hear. Great job on the interior.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com