You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

New Member/Newell owner

Hello gang!

My wife and I are proud new owners of coach 427. We purchased the coach from my uncle Bill Knowles, the original owner. The coach is still in excellent condition mechanically and we are excited to begin updating the electronics and minor interior bits. I have been trolling the site for a few weeks and have found an invaluable amount of useful information while working through various minor issues. I thank you all for that. 
My work takes me coast to coast for months at a time and we plan on staying in the coach instead of hotels. A Newell was the only real choice for such an adventure.
We are looking forward to our new mode of travel and hopefully meeting many new Newell friends along the way.

David and MaryLynn Kammeraad
1996 Newell #427
2014 Buick Lacrosse

Welcome & if you enjoy yours as much as we have ours, you will be very happy.

1987 classic #159
8V92 MUI , Allison 740

Congratulations. We are only a few weeks into ownership of a 2000 model. If you pass through Destin, Florida let me know, although we hope to not be there much :-)

Mike & Jeannie Ginn
2000 Newell #555 - sold July 2020
2019 Leisure Travel Van FX model

Welcome David and MaryLynn and congratulations on your Newell. Very attractive coach. If you get a chance, please post additional photos of your coach. I assume you have the Detroit Diesel Series 60 with the Allison 6 speed automatic transmission. Do you have the center bath with the rear closet?

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Welcome to the gang,

You will have normal startup issues. Some will be stuff that just needs to be taken care, and some will be your learning curve in how does this work? I think you will find any Newell to be more than up to the task of hauling you from coast to coast and providing a comfortable home base.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Welcome David and MaryLynn!! Stop in when you come through Indiana!

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Welcome aboard! We have been working out of our coach for 6 yrs now. It is definitely better than working out of hotels IMHO. I hate lugging suitcases in & out of rooms. Also, we had Newell do some custom work to get it functioning to Fran's standards to function as our mobile office. Took out a sofa and replaced it with a 2 station work desk that Fran designed and Mike at Newell brought to life.

Welcome new owners.  We love this site and see that you do too.  What a nice mobile home to work from.  Enjoy!

Andy and Holly
1983 Newell
Mossyrock, WA

Welcome aboard! You certainly have a wonderful coach for a mobile office. If you decide to upgrade your interior lights to LED, don't go with the bright white, I did and then read numerous articles stating that the bright white can adversely disrupt sleep. I'll be changing mine to a warmer white when I get time.

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad

Thank you all for the kind greetings. We are beyond excited. 

Michael, you are correct on all counts. I really like the center bath/rear closet layout - I think it will work well for us. I have attached pics.

Jon, funny you should mention LEDs - that upgrade is at the top of the list. Good tip on the bright white light. I was leaning in that direction.

Our home base is in Norton Shores Michigan, near the beautiful white sandy beaches of Lake Michigan. A great spot in the summer - slightly less so in the winter lol. we would love to connect with any one visiting the area or rolling through.

[attachment=4233][attachment=4232][attachment=4234][attachment=4235][attachment=4236][attachment=4237][attachment=4238][attachment=4239]

David and MaryLynn Kammeraad
1996 Newell #427
2014 Buick Lacrosse