You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Slide Extension

(12-15-2016, 12:40 PM)RussWhite Wrote:  The problem I described involves voltage to the contractor that runs the hydraulic pump motor.  In my case with no alternator the voltage was right on the border line.  It might run or it might not.   Since the pump is shared between front and back on my coach it could result in one or the other or both not running.  The problem can be diagnosed with a voltmeter on the coil of the contractor.  Observe the voltage when you try to move the slide.  If there is voltage - say in excess of 9 volts, but less than 10 or 11, the contractor may just not have enough magnetic field to energize.  If you are seeing that, then some way to increase the voltage to the contractor is required.   My little relay between the board and the contractor did the trick.

Russ, I'm sure that everything you said is correct.  But I feel that my problem is something to do with the computer.  Mark went into the computer when he was trying to figure out what my slide problem was when it came out crooked.  It also messed up the paint on the side of the slide.  For some reason or another I am having too much problem all of a sudden with that one slide.  From talking with Mike at Newell I feel he think so also.  I do not have any problem with taking it to HWH, but for now it is too far north and would be either April or May before the weather would allow that. Newell might be too far N. in Jan. but I am going to risk it.   I have some things I would like to do this spring and if Newell can repair it and paint the slide it would be great.
The problem I have in checking the voltage is the slide might work and then I might have a problem getting it back in.  There was times where I had to push the switch a dozen times to get the slide to come in or go out.  All of a sudden it worked and would come in half way and stop and then after a number of pushing the switch it came on in or out whatever the case might be. It is in now and the air seal is sealed, it has always worked thank goodness, so I will leave it that way until I get to Newell.  There should be plenty of voltage.  It is plugged in and the batteries are only 3 months old and it shows 12.6 volts at the relay.  I realize the coil of the contractor is different.
I have been talking to Richard and he feels that it might be a loose connection. I have looked and cannot find one.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

Messages In This Thread
Slide Extension - by N-D-RED - 12-14-2016, 11:41 PM
RE: Slide Extension - by rheavn - 12-15-2016, 05:46 AM
RE: Slide Extension - by N-D-RED - 12-15-2016, 10:18 AM
RE: Slide Extension - by qcj - 12-15-2016, 06:28 AM
RE: Slide Extension - by N-D-RED - 12-15-2016, 10:00 AM
RE: Slide Extension - by folivier - 12-15-2016, 10:57 AM
RE: Slide Extension - by RussWhite - 12-15-2016, 12:11 PM
RE: Slide Extension - by qcj - 12-15-2016, 12:26 PM
RE: Slide Extension - by RussWhite - 12-15-2016, 12:40 PM