You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

keyless entry

Tom helped me troubleshoot the keyless entry on our coach during a recent visit to his place.  We spoke to John at Essex at that time and with Tom's electric troubleshooting skills and John's knowledge base we determined that the keypad was the culprit not the module. I ordered a new keypad ($260 ouch) online.  The online photo showed one with the Molex quick connect available but when the part arrived there was no quick connect just the bare wires.  I called and spoke to John at Essex and he told me that the quick connects were special orders primarily for Monaco and apparently Newell got them too.  The quick connect wasn't readily available so John instructed me to preserve about 6" of wire attached to the quick connect and to go ahead and splice in the new keypad as the wiring colors have not changed during production runs.
He said the essential wires are:

RED-power
BLACK-ground
WHITE/RED STRIPE-unlock
WHITE/BLACK STRIPE-lock
YELLOW-program

in addition he indicated that BROWN, PINK, and VIOLET could be used for specialty applications like opening bay doors on some makes.

Now off to do the install.

Sandy and Bob McBratney
Previous owners of 2007 Newell #1202  "Boomer" 

Messages In This Thread
keyless entry - by rwg200 - 02-26-2017, 04:42 AM
RE: keyless entry - by encantotom - 02-26-2017, 08:48 AM
RE: keyless entry - by rwg200 - 02-26-2017, 09:05 AM
RE: keyless entry - by Winegrower - 03-10-2021, 05:12 PM
RE: keyless entry - by Winegrower - 03-13-2021, 12:49 PM
RE: keyless entry - by encantotom - 03-13-2021, 08:56 PM
RE: keyless entry - by Winegrower - 04-01-2021, 10:23 AM