You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Guru no rally-rally

As we all know, things happen. We were getting ready to leave Bella Terra yesterday when ,low and behold, the tow vehicles lights weren't working. Here comes Steve Bare to my rescue. After extensive troubling shooting I had a bad relay and converter box for the tow lights. Steve helped and advised even though it was raining and miserable. We, he, got it figured out and this morning got the new parts and are road ready. Guru Steve saved the day. Thank you Steve.

Ron Gripon
2003 coach 660-F150 
2005 Porsche Boxster

Ron, It was nice to meet you at the rally....and glad that you got going!

I am not surprised that Steve not only was willing to help...but he was also able to fix you and get you going! One time I broke down and could not get the coach started. He fabricated a part and brought it to me (45 miles away). He helped me put the part on and get going again. Of course the coach started right up.

That is the beauty of the gurus. I have never been around a more helpful and supportive group of guys and gals.

Safe Travels!
bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

A smiling Ron & Yvonne pull out of Bella Terra.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Nice to meet you Ron and Yvonne.

Great work and help Mr. Bare!

Enjoyed getting to visit with you again.

Steve Magown
Calhoun, LA
2001 Prevost H3 Vantare
formerly Newell #458

must have been Karma when we were trying to leave Foley..light problems and when we got to Castle Rock, CO, the two drive tires on the passenger required replacing...must have been Tom's fault for having tire problems and sharing his issues.

Great meeting you Steve. Hope to do it again soon.

Ron Gripon
2003 coach 660-F150 
2005 Porsche Boxster

Holy crap! Why all these tire problems all of a sudden? I’m scared to look at my coach’s tires and they are all brand new.

Is it dry rot / sun damage, inflation issues or something else causing these issues? Maybe we should start a new thread to discuss.

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

I'll venture a guess, Bill:
There are more members on the board than ever before.
This is the time of year we all start traveling.
Temperatures are rising.
From what I can observe there is no particular tire brand that is common to most problems.
I typically have not been concerned if the TP is 10 lb. or so low as long as all tires are similarly inflated. I may be underestimating the consequences of under inflation. I plan to air up more on the next trip.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.