You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Tool box

My '93 doesn't have a tool box. I've seen others with a nice box on a slideout shelf and considered doing that. But couldn't find the size box + slide that would work out like I wanted it to.
So, I ended up buying one of these: http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/p...206-_-CONF

It fit perfect in the small compartment in front of my rear tire. I was using a tool bag but that was a pain trying to find the right tool. I'll post pictures in a bit.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

I always wanted to get a bettr organizer for the same area. I will have to consider the same.

1988 40 ft 8v92 newell
Coach name Big Blue
25 ft Haulmark car hauler with Andersen Anti sway
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser.

Attached is a photo of the tool chest I installed in the bay next to the A/C on the driver's side. I used a 500 LB. locking slide out and everything fit just fine.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

Forest, I love idea where your stackable tool box is located.
I would like to to the same , but my mini narrow bay has some sort of air/gauge valev in theere ( right next to the engine's side entry bay )
Anyway, I got from H Freight cool box for $ 150 and I can travel with as many tools as I can think of haha! donet we like to stack up with tools!

Problem I have , each time I need tool I have to open air entry door, its pain for sure , Might have to move it next to our A Hot bay.

here are some images of my set up.

Les & Cheryl Korcala

Fulltime on the road hub base in Montana

Newell 2001 2 slide #582
security system 2 Rhodesians Ridgebacks (Basha & M'Kala)
Nissan Exterra 2007
Co-Motion "Robusta" tandem
Trek "madone" road bikes
Trek 5.8 MTb