You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

#356 1994

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1994-NEWELL-45-M...J4&vxp=mtr

$7500 start with a reserve or buy it now @ $60k

Paul
Coach #540
2000 Double Slide, Bath and a half, Average sized fan for its age
Fulltiming for a while around CO

(07-29-2017, 08:03 PM)pestes Wrote:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/1994-NEWELL-45-M...J4&vxp=mtr

$7500 start with a reserve of buy it now @ $60k

Was previously reported on Gurus as being on San Diego Craigslist in March for $65K, and Sacramento Craigslist in June for $53.9K.  Will be interesting to see if the reserve is below the price he was willing to take in June.

(07-30-2017, 04:48 PM)hexspeed Wrote:  
(07-29-2017, 08:03 PM)pestes Wrote:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/1994-NEWELL-45-M...J4&vxp=mtr

$7500 start with a reserve of buy it now @ $60k

Was previously reported on Gurus as being on San Diego Craigslist in March for $65K, and Sacramento Craigslist in June for $53.9K.  Will be interesting to see if the reserve is below the price he was willing to take in June.

Actually, after selling Newell 270 this June, about a week later, I ended up buying this coach from the guy in San Diego. Let me just say, it's a VERY beautiful coach with a LOT of options that my 91 didn't have. But at 45' it's also 4 feet longer too. One thing I realized after a few trips in 270, (41'6") was that I seem to choose destinations without first considering the route getting there. Now, everyone driving 41' and longer would agree, you must plan ahead or chance getting stuck in a tight spot with few options. So, as they say, size does matter, and even though 356 is an amazingly eye catching coach that looks as if it's only 3 years old and not 23 years, I decided to sell.

Wow. I applaud your candor. Thanks for the update.

Good afternoon. I would like to see you coach if you still have it for sale. I'm in Knoxville. You can call or email. [email protected] or 423 320-3528. Dennis

Well, I'm sorry/happy to say that I sold this coach already. It feels like deja vu since in less than 50 days, I'm driving the coach to meet the new owner in another state, this time in Amarillo Tx. So what was to be our maiden voyage is now also our farewell voyage - let's hope it's not like the Titanic's.
But, when one opportunity closes another might open and that possibility being we might be driving back home a 1993 39' Prevost H3. It should be interesting, especially since all the Prevost I've been in had 54 other people sitting around me.

Well, the maiden and farewell trip was successfully with only one issue that turned out to be a non-issue. 
 I would like to say 'thank you" to Tom for his help and hospitality. While driving through Arizona, in the blazing heat, the coach stopped getting power from the generator. No power - no AC - very HOT.
 Tom was kind enough to let me come over, without any notice, and trouble shoot the problem. As it turned out, it was just dirt keeping the generator contractor from energizing and with a little compressed air blown through it, everything worked perfect again. 
Darlene made a delicious tortilla soup and we enjoyed lunch with them in their beautiful home. 
Tom's Newell garage is a "Man Cave" dream and someplace I might find hard to leave if it was in my backyard.
But again, I can't say enough about the kindness of Tom and Darlene and we want to send our wishes for a speedy recovery to Tom.

As far as the 1993 Prevost I went to see, well it was in sad, sad, sad condition. Even though it had only 43,000 miles on it's 8V92, at least 80% of the interior needs repair or replaced. But what surprised me the most was the poor quality of materials used, considering it was $767,500 new.

hopefully you guys are still going to stop by on the way home

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

i also put some contact cleaner in the relay. to troubleshoot it i used my meter and started checking incoming and outgoing voltages on the transfer switch in both shore and genny switch setting. the trigger for the genny relay in the transfer switch was getting voltage so it had to be the relay itself. we used my air compressor to blow out through the side of the relay and then put contact cleaner in the same place and let it dry for a while. then it worked fine.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

I agree.  Our 11th coach was a new Bluebird M380.  Perfect size, although storage was limited.  Traded it on 06 Wanderlodge 450 LXi.  Problems from day one.  Spent more time back at the factory than on the road.  Still have it with 13000 miles on the clock.  Purchased Newell #174.  Love it.  No slides that don't work, Girards that won't retract, sophisticated electronics that I never mastered.  I am a happy camper once again.  I did visit Newell in 05 but at that time, Newell quoted $1.3 M for a 38 ft coach with 400 Cummins.  The M380 was less than half that with just what we wanted.  Pete