You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

If you have a slide- that needs help~

check out these:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Ernie Ekberg
Bluebird Wanderlodge

Ernie,
Is the drop floors, that are used in Newell slides a problem when installing wood floors?

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

I suspect many people when looking at photos of the interior of a Newell (with slides) wonder why the unusual inlays are designed into the salon carpet. Those inlays do a great job in hiding the mating edges of the drop floor when the slide is extended. Wood floors would show the space required around the edge of the drop floor and make it much more noticeable.

Chuck & Tela Millsap

Bullhead City, AZ

2000 Wanderlodge LXi S/S

2004 Wanderlodge M380 D/S Sold

2000 Wanderlodge LXi N/S Sold

'06 Jeep Liberty Toad

Chuck,
Newell does a terrific job of designing lines into the layout of their wood floors too, which actually goes a long way to hiding the edges. Just wondering if Ernie has done any.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

(04-10-2013, 10:10 AM)rheavn Wrote:  Chuck,
Newell does a terrific job of designing lines into the layout of their wood floors too, which actually goes a long way to hiding the edges. Just wondering if Ernie has done any.

If Newell can do it, Ernie can do it. I've seen many wood floors that were installed by Ernie. His work is top knotch....

Chuck & Tela Millsap

Bullhead City, AZ

2000 Wanderlodge LXi S/S

2004 Wanderlodge M380 D/S Sold

2000 Wanderlodge LXi N/S Sold

'06 Jeep Liberty Toad

There are so many manufacturers with slides and I have floored so many I forget. But, I haven't done a Newell, yet. Afraid? Heck no- bring that baby over here- but- it will have to be in December, cause I am booked that far in advance. Ernie

Ernie Ekberg
Bluebird Wanderlodge

Thanks for the reply. I've been asked about hardwood floors and just wasn't sure if you had done a drop floor coach.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531